Machete

Tools    

Machete

An Ex-Federale named Machete (Danny Trejo) is hired to assassinate a US Senator (Jeff Fahey), but he is double-crossed. Left for dead, he comes back for vengeance with the help of his brother (Cheech Marin), a priest with a checkered background. Yesterday He Was A Decent Man Living A Decent Life. Now He Is A Brutal Savage Who Must Slaughter To Stay Alive.

Machete, written and directed by Robert Rodríguez, will be hitting theaters sometime in 2008.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
This is going to be awesome. Danny Trio is super cool, and its sweet that he's getting to be the star for a change.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

Just realized.....with the strike, Machete might not come till 2010. And with him in in Sin City 2 with Rodriguezoing that as well, you might possibly look for that in 2010-2012. All roughly yet again strongly possible.

This is based on the Grind House trailer yes?

Yeah thought I had heard about this potentially being the only one that may get made someday. I wasn't sure since I neglected to go see Grind House in theaters. Mores the pity since apparently it may be quite awhile before I get to see the DVD the way it came out in theaters. Any word on plot lines?

Machete- hired to kill a senator, double crossed, takes revenge. Add Cheech Marin as a Priest brother wielding shotguns.

Pretty much what Jrs said, guessing it will be the same story as the trailer, though i thought Fahey was the guy who hired Machete...

Oh Duh! I was so busy looking at the pics I didn't pay any attention to jrs plot synopsis. jrs is probably also right about this not coming until possibly 2010 or 2011 depending on the strike. Guess it back to the Mofo lists!

i don't understand the budget for this movie - if it touches the original trailer at all this is suprising to come straight to dvd
Como' say what'o?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

depending on the strike. Guess it back to the Mofo lists!

The strike will surly end soon or it will change the industry forever...which is it? I think it will end soon because it is better to get the better share than the no-share - the lion's share is only for CEO s - right?

This movie is supposed to come straight to dvd right ? But , the trailer in grindhouse was super high budget
Err because Grindhouse flopped and even if it did have a high budget, which kinda undercut the whole Grindhouse element to an extent considering they were originally made dirt cheap. Machete is going to hit a niche and doubt it would reach a big enough audience to justify a cinematic release.

Never know, could get a limited release.

Never know, could get a limited release.
True, if you live in the boonies.

Robert Rodriguez would want this out theatrically like Grindhouse. Grindhouse flopped because people didn' t want to sit over 3 hours straight watching a film. If it was originally released seperately as two films, it would have done much better. And I think Machete will do a fine job all in all.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Sweet! i was only saying to the missus on Saturday night as we watched Planet Terror that they really ought to make that movie.

Cant wait... I know this is just the Grindhouse preview, but the trailer can be seen here: