John Hurt

Tools    

What are your favorite John Hurt movies? I like his eccentric filmography. "Elephant Man" is a classic. i was also surprised to see him in The skeleton Key a few years back in the movies.. I don't think he had any lines though it was a challenging role.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Loved him in The Elephant Man too. That movie alone kinda made me a fan, although I admit I don't actively seek out Hurt movies. I do know that, when I see him in a movie, I almost always enjoy his performance.

He did, though, look a little creepy (and like he needed sleep) in Alien.

He was also in "V For Vendetta", I forgot about that.

He was JUST BRILLIANT in this little gem called "The Climb" that was released in 1999. It just became available on DVD.

It starred David Strathairn, Gregory Smith (from Everwood), Marla Sokoloff (The Practice), and more.

They don't make movies like this anymore.. It has everything you could ask for -- heart, humor, action, and a powerful, strong message. It's won a lot of film festival awards too.

Check out the Official website here and watch some clips.
'The Climb' Official Site: http://www.spellboundpictures.com/theclimb/

He was also in "V For Vendetta", I forgot about that.
was he? why did i not notice??
i've only seen him in elephant man and .... harry potter. what a disgrace :P but elephant man was REALLY impressive. i heard it took him around 8 hours to apply all the prosthetics and make up.

He plays the senator/president in V for Vandetta.I need to see Elephant Man and The Climb. I liked him in Alien, Dead Man and Hell Boy.

If you like John Hurt and haven't seen The Elephant Man, you are missing a real treat. See it immediately!
I don't know how I've missed it. I'm getting it today!

What are your favorite John Hurt movies? I like his eccentric filmography. "Elephant Man" is a classic. i was also surprised to see him in The skeleton Key a few years back in the movies.. I don't think he had any lines though it was a challenging role.
Yeah, The Skeleton Key was an unusual one.

I think The Hit is really good, and it's maybe not a part you'd expect him to be playing. Scandal was excellent as well, and Alien speaks for itself.

Love John Hurt. There was a movie I saw years ago with him and Jason Priestley, surprisingly good film. It was a romantic gay safe-stalker kind of a comedy/drama. Good flick if anyone wants to check it out.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Not a movie, but I thought it was really cool for him to show up as the War Doctor on Doctor Who!

Not a movie, but I thought it was really cool for him to show up as the War Doctor on Doctor Who!
It was great, and it's even better that he's continuing to play the War Doctor on audio.

Has anyone mentioned The Storyteller? I think that's where I first saw him.

He did, though, look a little creepy (and like he needed sleep) in Alien.
I know what you mean – maybe it was the short notice? He was there because Jon Finch was taken ill on set and couldn't continue.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I know what you mean – maybe it was the short notice? He was there because Jon Finch was taken ill on set and couldn't continue.
Well, he pretty much looked like that all the time.

Well, he pretty much looked like that all the time.
Yeah, like Patrick Troughton or John Thaw "the secret of eternal age" .