Best cuts

Tools    

I don't think there's many people who can afford to buy 2 dvd versions of essentially the same film so which cuts are the best?
The ones which i can think of that have directors cuts (or un-rated i think region1 are known as) are:

Daredevil
Hellboy
Underworld
Leon
King Arthur
Dawn of the Dead
Donnie Darko

So which are the best? Any you can recommend?

history *is* moralizing
Underworld, director's cut definitely to be recommended, and Donnie Darko i dunno, of course it's worth, but the music in the first version is different and one may get used to it too (like myself) - so i'd take them both (actually have both of them).

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Continually frustrated by re-issues, directors' cuts, and other money making schemes that DVD companies come up with. There is no excuse these days for not having extras on DVDs, as a film-student I am always intrested in the making ofs and other extras. Fight Club and Once Upon A Time In Mexico are 2 of the better DVDs, but as I have over 500 in my collection that tells you something about disapointing extras.

What i hate most about re-releasing DVDs is the blatantly promotional disc released to coincide with a sequel being cinematically released, when all the disc added is exclusives on the sequel. Though X-Men 1.5 was a pretty cool disc.

Personally, i don't really have time to watch most special features, quite annoying really as i make a point of buying the Special Editions.

honestly, what;s the point of a "director's cut? could someone please xplain?

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Underworld, director's cut definitely to be recommended, and Donnie Darko i dunno, of course it's worth, but the music in the first version is different and one may get used to it too (like myself) - so i'd take them both (actually have both of them).
true that, No MAD World in Directors cut , I think that song adds so much to the movie. I don't have either atm, but I'll probably buy the original (i've borrowed the director's cut and it's visually not that different from memory, but you do get all the extra features ).

Just got Blade Runner directors cut and was reading the back, it seems a lot has changed in this cut from the original, is d/c the better film?

I can't remember the version i've seen before either

It explains something you may not be aware of...you'll want to see the d/c for that. The narration is gone as well. Holden and Sedai know more about it.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
DVDBeaver does a good job of side-by-side comparisons.