From Game to Screen

Tools    

I have recently read in a magazine a complete list (as of now) of movies that will be made from games.

What do you guys think about these? Are you anticipating any at all now, or are you just going to let them fly by like they will never be made?

SOON

Backwater - 2005
BloodRayne - 2005
Doom - 2005
House of the Dead: Dead Aim - 2005

NEXT YEAR

Silent Hill - 2006

SCRIPT COMPLETE

Dead or Alive
Driver
Mortal Kombat
Onimusha
Prince of Persia

SCRIPTS IN REVISION

Psi-Ops
SpyHunter

IN DEVELOPMENT

Darkwatch
Dead to Rights
Death Jr.
Devil May Cry
Far Cry
Fear Effect
The Getaway
Halo
Hitman
Hunter: The Reckoning
Max Payne
Metroid
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Tekken
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Originally Posted by jrs
What do you guys think about these? Are you anticipating any at all now, or are you just going to let them fly by like they will never be made?
Well, seeing as there has never been a good game-to-film adaptation, I'm not anticipating that any of the ones you listed will break the mold. The Resident Evil and Lara Croft flicks sucked major ass. As did that piece of **** Final Fantasy movie. But I'll probably waste my money on Silent Hill, Max Payne, & Hitman. An who knows? Maybe one of them will surprise me...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
As long as they don't change anything a Max Payne adaptation could be pretty damn good. The script and storytelling of just the game are very theatrical in nature and on the heels of a success like Sin City, I think they'll be a little less afraid to give it the treatment it needs.

Max Payne whups up man, I loved that game. A movie of it done well would be sweet as. . .pie, maybe. . .no. screw it
And found he was eating his shoe.

Randomly visiting for now
Hey Jrs thanks for the list, I know most of the games but I'm not getting my hopes up. I reckon a new version of the Mortal Combat movie could be alright cause lots of people used to play the series and I would personally love to see a Metroid movie simply because the game is and not an impossible storyline to translate to the big screen.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I want Half-Life!

i heard uwe boll will be making i think 3 of the movies on the list so thats nothing to look forward too. but i think a max payne and devil may cry movie has pottential to be fun to watch. And the first Mortal Kombat movie is sort of a guilty pleasure for me so i would like to see another one.

Never conform, never compromise....
Even though there have not really been any good game-to-film adaptions, I can;t help but get excited for a few:

Silent Hill- I have heard to much about how obssesed Gans is with the material for it to be a real let down, also, I loved Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Devil May Cry - I heard it is being made in Japan, which gives me hope, I mean c'mon, Dante is SOOO cool, lol. Imagine him being played by Tony Ja, or Jonny Leuang(sp? is that his name? hope someone knows who I'm talking about )

Prince of Persia -Only because I like the story (prefer the darker prince in the sequel though)

Metroid - Could be good...any word on wheather or not John Woo still has the rights??

Splinter Cell- Well, this depends on who drects and who stars.

Also, is there any word on a Metal Gear game? I heard the director/creator of the Solid series finally put up the rights for a movie and said he would be interested in helping with a film ispired by but not based directly on any of the games (ala Silent Hill). I think this approach is much better then trying to make a game's story work in a movie. Ah well, better not to get my hopes up..I learned my lesson with AVP...it could have been sooo good, so much story....

On a side note...why the hell does Paul Andeson keep geting work?!?!?!?! I have never seen a good film from him, I've only seen three mind you, but...eesh so bad.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Movie Forums Member
FINAL FANTASYVII ADVENT CHILDREN
WHICH IS NOTHING LIKE FFSW

Please watch this trailer to understand the awesomeness of a TRUE FINAL FANTASY MOVIE
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Twisted Metal would be awesome to see turned into a movie, but it would probably do poorly at the box office.

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by fireyhope
FINAL FANTASYVII ADVENT CHILDREN
WHICH IS NOTHING LIKE FFSW

Please watch this trailer to understand the awesomeness of a TRUE FINAL FANTASY MOVIE
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

I've been waiting for this...any idea when it is coming out in North America?

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Endless
I've been waiting for this...any idea when it is coming out in North America?
ummm Supposedly square said June or July but i doubt that. I think it will most likely come out near the end of this year on DVD.

Originally Posted by jrs

SOON

Backwater - 2005( LMAO........Crap)
BloodRayne - 2005 ( Gonna be sorta like underworld.....CRAP)
Doom - 2005 (Probally gonna be good)
House of the Dead: Dead Aim - 2005 (LOL, Crap)

NEXT YEAR

Silent Hill - 2006 (A Resident evil wannabe....Crap)

SCRIPT COMPLETE

Dead or Alive (eh....dunno)
Driver (......O NO! Not another fast and furious wannabe)
Mortal Kombat(Liked the old movies and games....Gonna be good)
Onimusha(eh?)
Prince of Persia(eh?)

SCRIPTS IN REVISION

Psi-Ops(.......lol waa?
SpyHunter(Anti 007 wannabe)

IN DEVELOPMENT

Darkwatch (Eh?)
Dead to Rights( LOL.....I think this is the one where its the same story line as The Punisher)
Death Jr.(Eh?)
Devil May Cry(rofl...Crap!)
Far Cry(Eh?)
Fear Effect(Eh?)
The Getaway(lol....crap)
Halo( ROFL OMG PLEASE NO! The game is horrible enough....This will be worse then crap)
Hitman(Could be ok)
Hunter: The Reckoning(eh?)
Max Payne(Its either dead to rights or this game that has the same type of story line as The Punisher...If this is the one..CRAP!)
Metroid(Could be interesting)
Resident Evil: Afterlife(HELL YEA! w00t)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein ( ROFL O god no. Horrible)
Tekken (Mortal Kombat wannabe)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six( LMFAO not another typical swat movie)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell(A Wannabe james bond..CRap!)

There, The games i have played and beat or came close to beating i commented on..the ones that was like "eh" ive never played.

Wow thats a lot of games being made into movies. *sigh* Further proof Hollywood is running out of ideas.

Your number one source of the FORCE
Here is who i would like to se in:

Hitman- Bruce Willis
Splinter Cell- George Clooney
Max Payne- Mel Gibson

You ?

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by jrs

BloodRayne - 2005
Doom - 2005
Silent Hill - 2006
Mortal Kombat
Psi-Ops
SpyHunter
Devil May Cry
The Getaway
Hitman
Metroid
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Tekken
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
That lot will do for me. Some stuff there i def wouldn't mind seeing.