Best Films of 2010

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Yes I know, but why?... And how?
Because no one else will.

Also, I have seen relatively few 2010 releases (still some more I'm waiting on since a fair few don't get released here till early 2011 anyway) and fewer still were worth calling favourites. I'll probably have a definitive list ready by this time next year.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks who returns.

On a side note: Just saw Last Air Bender

Suspect's Reviews

10. Due Date

9. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

8. Tron: Legacy

7. Kick-Ass

6. Up In The Air

5. The Social Network

4. The Fighter

3. Inception

2. Avatar

1. Shutter Island
The number is 26. That's the amount of Oscar nominations the last three major films Martin Scorsese directed - which all starred Leonardo DiCaprio - earned. The movies also collected approximately $700 million worldwide. Needless to say, the Scorsese/DiCaprio combination has been a critical and financial powerhouse, which makes the prospect of a horror-thriller such as Shutter Island so intriguing.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
1. Toy Story 3
2. Inception
3. The Fighter
4. The Social Network
5. The Kids Are Alright

Black Swan, and Animal Kingdom were two I thought were excellent and at the top of my list. Monsters is up there also.

Inception was fantastic. The American was absolutely beautiful and nice to see some choosing it. Let Me In, one of the better remakes.

À bout portant was a rather good film from France. Kaboom too was interesting.

1. Shutter Island
The number is 26. That's the amount of Oscar nominations the last three major films Martin Scorsese directed - which all starred Leonardo DiCaprio - earned. The movies also collected approximately $700 million worldwide. Needless to say, the Scorsese/DiCaprio combination has been a critical and financial powerhouse, which makes the prospect of a horror-thriller such as Shutter Island so intriguing.
That's a hefty amount of nominations for Scorsese, but Shutter Island didn't receive any of them. Even though I did enjoy Shutter Island quite a bit, it just wasn't as a rewarding follow-up to The Departed.

Just narrowing my gaze to horror, I thought The Crazies was far better than Daybreakers. Daybreakers was a disappointment to me.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

1. Inception

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I still have a lot of movies from 2010 I need to see. Out of what I have seen Animal Kingdom, Monsters and How to Train Your Dragon are at the top and in that order. Edit* Forgot Toy Story 3.

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Here is what I got for must see films of 2010. I thought 2009 was a better year by far compared to it but it's looking like 2011 is making up for where 2010 was lacking.

My 20 must see films of 2010

1. The Social Network

2. Toy Story 3

3. Rabbit Hole

4. The Town

5. Shutter Island

6. The Fighter

7. Catfish

8. True Grit

9. The King's Speech

10. The Other Guys

11. The Parking Lot Movie

12. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

13. Inception

14. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1

15. Blue Valentine

16. Kick-ass

17. The Karate Kid

18. Exit Through The Gift Shop

19. The Runaways

20. Trust (Just saw this one and surprise surprise it's not too lifetime like)

Mentions - "Easy A" and "Never Let Me Go"

The Other Guys? seriously?
Check it's rottentomatoes rating its certified fresh. I seriously think it's the best Farrell film out there besides Elf but that's just my taste. This is by far the best made laugh out loud comedy of 2010.

Though Kings Speech and Social Network both had there moments of fun.

The Karate Kid? Come on, it sucks.
And why isn't District 9 and/or TRON: Legacy on your list?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Here's some that I quite enjoyed:

Exit Through The Gift Shop
Inception
True Grit
Love and Other Drugs
Winter's Bone
Kick-Ass
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
The Social Network
Unstoppable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Still haven't seen Blue Valentine but I'm sure I will love it...

The Karate Kid? Come on, it sucks.
And why isn't District 9 and/or TRON: Legacy on your list?
Because District 9 was in 2009 and TRON: Legacy Sucked!!! haha.