Favorite movie = Burnout

Tools    

We all have our favorite movies of all time, and for whatever reason we own them, watch them and re-watch them.

The questions are:

1)Honestly. What movie do you own that has a special spot on your shelf?

2) approximately how many times a year, month, week do you watch it?

and

2) In your opinion approximately how many viewings does it take before you start hitting the "pause", "skip " or "stop" button during it because of boredom?

My answers are:

1) "Flashdance" (don't judge-it makes me feel good.)

2) 3x a year

3) 5

i dont actually own all that many movies, but the ones i watch the most are generally the animated ones.
i've probably seen akira the most, i used to watch it at least once a week back when i first got it, now i usually pop it in about once every year. i just think it's the best-looking movie i've ever seen, not that i really mind the plot and characters either, mind you.

nausicaa: i actually think it's the worst of miyazaki's films, and generally a dissapointment, but the best looking, which is saying a lot.

snow white and the seven dwarves: disney started sucking when their musicality started moving in the direction of the big hollywood (busby berkley-esque) musicals, still, the early stuff lives up to the fleischers at their best.

some betty boop shorts i like to watch over and over are the ones with cab calloway, and 'no no, a thousand times no!'

the five thousand fingers of dr. t.
the only non-animated one on the list, but still great, dr. t's song at the end is among the classic moments of film. story and songs written by dr. suess, as well as designing the awesome sets.

wings of honneamise.
gainax's first 'legitimate' feature, and their best, in my book, also helped by the fact that it caused me to reconsider my prior notion that all anime besides akira was too cheesy to get into.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
I honestly don`t like any movie enough to watch it so much that I want to skip it forward at any time.
The only movie this year I`ve watched more than once is Monster`s Inc , which I`ve seen twice on DVD during the last fortnight.

The Future Ed Wood
back to the future

watch it at least one a month but when i worked in a video shop i put it on every sunday

the only reason i pause it etc is to look at things in the background etc

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Jonny when you say "Back to the Future" do you mean the Trilogy or just the first one?

Because if your anything like me you stop the first one just before the end credits and begin the next one just after the opening credits(and so on). It plays like one long movie.

Back with a bang!
I own very few movies, but the ones I do own I really like. In any given month I will usually watch The Big Lebowski at least once, the same goes for Office Space . I used to watch movies like Boogie Nights, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and The Godfather quite often as well. But ever since I got my new internet connection I can download any movie I want in 30 minutes, so the re-screening of my old films aren't as frequent as they used to be.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Monty Python and the Holy Grail , Life of Brian and A Fish Called Wanda. This trio I will never get tired of, and I will probably keep watching them 'til the day I die

1. Pulp Fiction and Lawrence of Arabia
2. Bi-monthly / Bi-monthly
3. 0 and 0*

* Of course, I have to stop Lawrence half way through as a result of the interval, and I use that to have a drink and such. But not out of boredom...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You'll laugh.....but:

1. Howard The Duck and The Blues Brothers

2. At least once a month

3. I NEVER get sick of them.....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The questions are:

1)Honestly. What movie do you own that has a special spot on your shelf? Rush Hour 1&2

2) approximately how many times a year, month, week do you watch it? before i got banned from the video machine twice a week

2) In your opinion approximately how many viewings does it take before you start hitting the "pause", "skip " or "stop" button during it because of boredom?

ive never grown bored of this particular movie but with the average one i would say about three perhaps four, depends

A novel adaptation.
1. The Graduate
2. Roughly 7 times a month. ( I have trouble sleeping some times, and as a result, I'll usually pop in a DVD).
3. 10. I've hit that point just lately, and as a result, I'll usually skip pas the first two scenes. I feel bad when I do it, but I've just seen those classic scenes so many times, that in my worst moods, they become mildly tedious. I really ought to stop doing that, because it honestly destroys my view of the movie, and this is definitely one of my favorites.

Oooh, I should have just lied on that last one, I don't like what I've written, but it's sadly true. Fantastic thread, though, any thread where I own up to something I'd rather avoid is a fantastic thread.

In my house, we're usually watching Raising Arizona, The Shining, or Full Metal Jacket. Any of the three will do when there's nothing on TV or we're just plain bored.

But when T-roy's not home and I need an old stand-by to keep me company, it's my very girly answer of Sense and Sensibility.

So, for the first three: we watch them all anywhere from one to three times a month, and we don't ever fast-forward, although, if it's late, we'll always fall asleep soon after they leave boot camp on FMJ.

For Sense and Sensibility, at least three times a month, if not more, and there's no fast-forwarding allowed.

I don't have a lot of time to watch movies anymore... .... but... Braveheart has a special place on my shelf.... and I probably watch it 4 or 5 times a year and never ever get bored with it or hit stop or skip...

If I want to see a "girly" feel good movie... I'll pop in Much Ado About Nothing or Sense and Sensibility....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)