Things You Do NOT Wanna See In A Movie?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Male genitalia

Fortunately, you don't seem to have a problem with films by M. Night Shyamalan.
Who me? I do actually. Aside from sixth sense and most of unbreakable hes gotttn progressively more absurd imo

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I notice more male nudity than female nudity in new movies... Nothing worse than "equality" in movies -- Get the talented, and stop pigeonholing people into groups they might not even identify with! Those condescending Hollywood limo fakes.

I notice more male nudity than female nudity in new movies... Nothing worse than "equality" in movies -- Get the talented, and stop pigeonholing people into groups they might not even identify with! Those condescending Hollywood limo fakes.
There is no shortage of female nudity in new films. I don't know what new movies you've been watching.

The one trend I have noticed in more recent films is the tendency to use male nudity for laughs, which annoys me.

Welcome to the human race...
Who me? I do actually. Aside from sixth sense and most of unbreakable hes gotttn progressively more absurd imo
The joke being that deliberately referring to him as "Shyamalamadingdong" or whatever is at least three kinds of terrible so I treated it as a whole other thing to Shyamalan and explained that you'd never see that name in a movie's credits because it wouldn't happen.

The joke being that deliberately referring to him as "Shyamalamadingdong" or whatever is at least three kinds of terrible so I treated it as a whole other thing to Shyamalan and explained that you'd never see that name in a movie's credits because it wouldn't happen.
Three kinds of terrible. What are you even talking about. Im not sure I like where you're bringing this so please fill me in.

And misspelling his name was a goof and humor, nothing more. My deepest apologies that you take this so literally. I feel like im explaining this to an android.

Can you even explain why it's supposed to be funny?
Nope. Done explaining. And I think I'm done with this conversation. Dont like your accusatiry tone with me and really hoping this isnt based on some miguided assumption of xenophobia. But carry on if you want. I dont try to pretend Im funny and as you like to continuously point out your percieved flaws of people on this forum, I do notice it takes up much of your time so, have fun.

Can you really be done explaining if you never start?

Even leaving aside any xenophobic connotations, it's just an old and tired joke that sucks. You might as well be posting Chuck Norris facts.

Can you even explain why it's supposed to be funny?
Heh! I skipped some posts and thought this was in reference to male frontal nudity!
Can anyone explain why THAT is supposed to be funny?

It was only a split second scene - but it was one that turned me off during Walk Hard (an otherwise great lampoon of musician biopics). It was a movie where the sum of its parts weren't greater (but "some" of its parts were great!)

Heh! I skipped some posts and thought this was in reference to male frontal nudity!
Can anyone explain why THAT is supposed to be funny?
Since subversion of expectations is a key factor when it comes to humour, the fact that we're more used to seeing female nudity instead of male nudity means that the latter has more comical potential e.g. the dick-signing gag from Popstar subverting the expected breast-signing. Or maybe it's something to do with fragile masculinity and how dudes have to laugh it off or else it's uncomfortable. Multiple reasons, really.

Since subversion of expectations is a key factor when it comes to humour, the fact that we're more used to seeing female nudity instead of male nudity means that the latter has more comical potential e.g. the dick-signing gag from Popstar subverting the expected breast-signing. Or maybe it's something to do with fragile masculinity and how dudes have to laugh it off or else it's uncomfortable. Multiple reasons, really.
I'll give you a rep for attempting to explain it.
On a serious note, I spent time in college "analyzing" humor as part of a course in study. Was even granted some "independent studies" in "visual humor." However, I don't really remember much of what I learned nor what I concluded - it was college after all.
Quite fascinating!

Yeah, being able to understand humour and break down how it does or doesn't work is fairly useful, but the catch is that people will hate you for being able to ruin their bad jokes so it's a real wash.

Fortunately, you don't seem to have a problem with films by M. Night Shyamalan.
i loved every bit of signs and the village and the sixth sense, such good horror stuff

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dont encourage him MsM
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Back on topic, I could do with less genre films (straight or parody) that coast on surface-level irony in order to deflect criticisms.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I don't like the replacement of CGI characters, such as Leia in Rogue One and Arnie in Terminator Salvation. On this, sometimes old makeup, what I mean is, make up thats meant to age a character who is not old and has been shown to be "younger" in the film, a lot of the time I dont like it, for example, the Asian guy in Inception or I think dad and mum in Back to the Future. Sometimes its necessary sure...but generally I wish they could find a way around it. The CGI in Rogue one and Salvation was completely unnecessary though.