Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
The Grand Budapest Hotel -

I may drop this rating to a 3.5 but for now this definitely feels like it's in the top half of Wes Anderson films (at least in my opinion).

the greatest acting, visuals & screenplay in Hollywood history

Batman & Robin (1997)

8 zillion / 10

I never fully watched Batman and Robin (I have seen neither of Schumacher's Batman films actually), but despite all the bad things that are being said about it, I actually think it looks rather fun in an over the top cartoonish way. Are you serious about your enjoyment of it, nostromo?

I never fully watched Batman and Robin (I have seen neither of Schumacher's Batman films actually), but despite all the bad things that are being said about it, I actually think it looks rather fun in an over the top cartoonish way. Are you serious about your enjoyment of it, nostromo?
naturally!

The King of the Monsters is back! Some points had to be deducted for not as much kaiju fighting as I was hoping for, and Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe are not in the film as much as I thought they would, BUT HOLY HELL WHAT I GOT IN THE THIRD ACT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

The King of the Monsters is back! Some points had to be deducted for not as much kaiju fighting as I was hoping for, and Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe are not in the film as much as I thought they would, BUT HOLY HELL WHAT I GOT IN THE THIRD ACT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Did anyone in your theater clap when

WARNING: "Godzilla" spoilers below
Godzilla shot his atomic breath down the MUTO's throat?

Everyone in my theater clapped at that.

Charlie Countryman
(Fredrik Bond, 2013)

Despite the movie's gloss and sheen, it feels very amateurish. Tonally, it's all over the damn place. I think the movie tries on about fifteen different hats during the course of its runtime: drama; comedy; romance; action; crime; magical realism; coming-of-age. Not even the magnetic Mads Mikkelson was able to save the film. A waste of time.

(Steven Spielberg, 1979)

Spielberg is arguably the most popular and beloved director of all time. I don't deny his greatness, but I'm not a fan. If I made a list of 100 Favorite Movies, for example, none of his films would make the cut. (And even if I expanded that list to include 200, the only film that might make an appearance is Saving Private Ryan, and even that's doubtful.) However, I've never seen a Spielberg film that is this bad or this messy. 1941 starts off with a parody/homage of the opening scene of Jaws, except, instead of a shark, we get a Japanese submarine. It's easily the best scene of the movie. The rest of the movie is a painfully unfunny, unfocused, screwball-style comedy that becomes increasingly irritating and annoying the longer it drags. The star-studded cast goes to waste. For a PG-rated movie, there was a surprising amount of sexual innuendo. (Not that I'm complaining.) My rating might be just a tad harsh, but I couldn't wait for this crap to end.

If I made a list of 100 Favorite Movies, for example, none of his films would make the cut. (And even if I expanded that list to include 200, the only film that might make an appearance is Saving Private Ryan, and even that's doubtful.)
So you wouldn't put Jaws in your Top 100??? Harsh critic but I understand that he makes movies for the masses and not really the individuals.

So you wouldn't put Jaws in your Top 100??? Harsh critic but I understand that he makes movies for the masses and not really the individuals.
I've only seen Jaws once, and although I think it's a great movie, I don't have any particular love for it. I'm very worried that it will win the 70's Countdown, which will disappoint me greatly. I like several of Spielberg's films--- Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Minority Report, etc.--- but I've never fallen in love with any of his films. I think he too often plays it safe because he's a commercial director trying to appeal to the masses, and his insistence on sentimentality annoys me.

Unregistered User

Hausu (1977) -

I was pretty eager to watch this as plenty of love for it here but i was disappointed. I can easily see what it has gathered such a cult following but i just expected more. I knew it was going to be bizarre but i thought it would have been much funny and also much scarier. I enjoyed the last 20 mins or so but found up untill that point it was a bit dull, i'll probably give it another watch to see what i missed.

Class of Nuke'Em High (1986) -
+

Preferred The Toxic Avenger but i still liked this. Will definately watch more Troma.

Did anyone in your theater clap when

WARNING: "Godzilla" spoilers below
Godzilla shot his atomic breath down the MUTO's throat?

Everyone in my theater clapped at that.
We all did! Myself included.

Of all of Wes Anderson's movies, I think this takes the cake for being his most whimsical. Overwhelmingly filled with a childlike feel to the narrative, headed by fantastic child actors, plus a strong adult cast makes this one of Anderson's best films easily. An excellent story of childhood love with all the usual quirks of a Wes Anderson film. And though I will still say The Grand Budapest Hotel is my personal favorite Wes Anderson movie this is definitely my second favorite of his films. I can't recommend it enough.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
He's lying. He actually rates it 12.73.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.