Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
The Numa Numa Dance by O-zone. such a cool song.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Wolfmangler - Drone doom with banjo.
I must check this out.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Dungen.
Now, that's a little unexpected...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Now, that's a little unexpected...

Whyso? Not a fan?

I recently heard a track by the Decemberists called This Sporting Life.

The albuim is coming out soon it's called Picaresque.

Very nice sound bit like Belle and Sebastian but American.

Oh and recently discovered I am Kloot am waiting to get some cheap on e-bay.

i'm not sure if this was already posted somewhere in this collection or not, but has anyone heard Michael Pitt's song, "From Death to Birth", for the Gus Van Sant's Last Days? speaking of which, has anyone seen this movie yet? as far as i know its open in 12 theatre's nationwide at the most. hopefully a more wide selection on August 5th i believe. anyway, Bertolucci's The Dreamers also features a Pitt cover of "Hey Joe". this performance is definitely no Hendrix, but i enjoyed it.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Whyso? Not a fan?
Not it's not that. I've almost not heard anything by them, mostly heard of them. But I am always surprised when a swedish band that is not even very well known in Sweden is recognized abroad.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Rachael Yamagata

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Newest most favourite bands...

Maximo Park - a cut above the current indie trend (kaiser chiefs, bravery, yawn...), lyrically very interesting, catchy tunes, an excellent debut album (Mercury nominated as well)

The Editors - Joy Division meets Elbow in a darkened room. Kind of nice, some parts of the album kind of dull.

kasier chiefs - not so good my friend and the editors just plain dull ( interpol is way better )
my discoveries: clor - indie/electropop
tom vek - indie/electro ( like lcd soundsystem)
bullet train to vegas - post hardcore ( like At the drive-in )

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by adidasss
kasier chiefs - not so good my friend and the editors just plain dull ( interpol is way better )
I wasn't recommending kaiser chiefs, I was saying they are dull and Maximo Park are much better!!

Come to think of it the Editors are kind of like interpol...album really doesn't live up to the singles.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Some laid back grooves for summer,
The Magic Numbers-unoffensive pop by the most bizarre looking group!
And I've been listening to Jack Johnson's " In between dreams " he's a pro surfer who's hobby is making music to listen to at the beach on a warm summer's day.
Also like to listen to Zero 7 when its sunny, nice mellow chill out music.
Anyway, away to head bang and rock-out to U2!!!
Later.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Neutral Milk Hotel
Recently Mt. Egypt and Holowpaw
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Not it's not that. I've almost not heard anything by them, mostly heard of them. But I am always surprised when a swedish band that is not even very well known in Sweden is recognized abroad.
They've picked up quite a name in America, I think because most of us are so unfamiliar with Swedish psychadelic music, making it all sound new. Then again, I also think they bring a lot to the table that is their own.

the rakes - awsome, similar style to the kaiser chiefs but far better....check out retreat or violent, t-bone, binary love....there's maybe 2 duds on the album.....

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Got some freebies of my mate who has a PR company that deals with a lot of music concerts in Glasgow.
I just got;
Get behind me Satan by the White Stripes
Back to Bedlam by James Blunt
Eye to the Telescope by KT Tunstall
Employment by the Kaiser Chiefs
And I bought Goldfrapp's new single Ooh la la.
Man it's great when you get freebies, got a big smile on my pale blue face today!!!