SpelingError's Top 100 Favorite Short Films

Tools    

I have issues with Thunder Road, both the short and the feature length film. I'm just going to leave it at that.
I first watched the feature film some time ago. I was somewhat lukewarm on it since I had trouble getting a handle on what it was going for, but getting more of a grip on the unique style of the film (simultaneously inducing laughter and heartbreak at the same time) helped me appreciate the short film version more. I might revisit the feature film someday to see if I respond better to it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've seen most. Good list, keep it up.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If the second half of the list disappoints you, will you lose all your respect for me?
Only if the second half is chock-full of Looney Tunes / Silly Symphonies shorts. After watching over 500 of them, I must say they could be better.

Only if the second half is chock-full of Looney Tunes / Silly Symphonies shorts. After watching over 500 of them, I must say they could be better.
Rabbit Fire will actually be the highest ranked Looney Tunes short. None of them quite reach greatness for me, but I do like a handful of them quite a bit and Rabbit Fire is the closest to greatness the shorts have gotten (from what I've seen so far). As an aside, all of these shorts are 8/10s so far. The 9/10's won't start until #45.

Blasphemy!

....okay, yeah maybe about 400 of them aren't the best, but about 80 are pretty damn good, and at least 20 are pure comedy gold.

You just gotta avoid the ridiculously racist ones. 😬

The trick is not minding
In regards to the Loony Tunes shorts, does anyone know what movies they usually opened for? Or was it random? I imagine they typically opened for specific films, much like Pixar’s shorts have, but I don’t know enough to be sure.

I think four of his films are on this list. None of them quite rise to favorite level for me, but he certainly has a handful of very good films under his belt.
Interestingly enough, that's the same exact thing I wrote, so agreed, I guess.

In regards to the Loony Tunes shorts, does anyone know what movies they usually opened for? Or was it random? I imagine they typically opened for specific films, much like Pixar’s shorts have, but I don’t know enough to be sure.

Most of the time I believe the cartoons were on their own reels. The news reels were certainly separate. Originally, the person working the projector would choose the order they showed the reels, and the audience would have to wait as they changed them, so speed was encouraged. So cartoons weren't linked to movies. It was just one of the acts of the overall show.

As for Jack Stauber, I'd also recommend:

(only half a minute long)

I hear ya, guy in "Rain". You and me both.