Falling Asleep in the Theater

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
I found the movie extremely boring
As do I. Argo is so safe, and so damn derivative it baffles me as to how it won best picture. It's a very mediocre film.

Not since the days of drive-ins as a child...

...and I believe that was the intention!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ever fell asleep in a movie theater? I personally have not. I only ask because my 80-year old dad, who I haven't been to the movies with since 1980 ("Raging Bull"), was snoring up a storm last night during "The Great Gatsby". Apparently, he didn't think it was great at all.

I fell asleep during Hannibal and woke up stretching and loudly saying 'I'm so bored'.

I took my dad to see Se7en and he fell asleep in the opening credits. How anyone could fall asleep during that jarring sound is beyond me, but he slept like a baby.

I fell asleep during Hannibal and woke up stretching and loudly saying 'I'm so bored'.

I took my dad to see Se7en and he fell asleep in the opening credits. How anyone could fall asleep during that jarring sound is beyond me, but he slept like a baby.
seriously Se7en does not seem like a movie you fall asleep at

seriously Se7en does not seem like a movie you fall asleep at

I know, right? He woke up for the movie, but I could not believe he dozed off for the opening credits. I was totally freaked out by those. And it was so loud. My teeth were bleeding.

I haven't but looking back at the films I've seen at the cinema I kind of wish I did since I've watched some terrible films there that make me question my taste in film when I was younger

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I haven't but looking back at the films I've seen at the cinema I kind of wish I did since I've watched some terrible films there that make me question my taste in film when I was younger

You're hilarious. I totally empathise with your view.

Believe it or not, I fell asleep during the projection of Return of The King. I'd had a very busy week-end at the movies, and I just couldn't take it anymore

Only ever did it once and that was at a midnight showing but I have a friend who does it quite often and he has a really loud snore as well.

I fall asleep while watching Birdman at the theater. Only time I've ever fall asleep in a public place except at school a couple of times

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring - I was drunk

Pocahontas - I was bored out of my mind

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring - I was drunk

Pocahontas - I was bored out of my mind

You weren't painting with all the colors of the wind?

Did you fall asleep during Avatar (same movie, just without the music).

MC for the Great Underground Circus
You weren't painting with all the colors of the wind?

Did you fall asleep during Avatar (same movie, just without the music).
I was too pissed even to piss

I watched bits of Avatar at home... thank gawd.