Johnny Depp for the Joker?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
When frippin' Crispin Glover does it...I don't think so.
I suppose so. I guess he was only known at the time for his role in "Back to the Future". When I first saw that clip I was like "George McFly? WTF!!"

Back in 1987 and for years afterwards, Crispin tried to diffuse it by saying it was a friend of his on Letterman's show that night and not him at all. That's just plain a lie (if you click on the picture I posted, you'll see a whole series of screencaptures - it's him in a cheap wig).
Yeah I always took that to be Crispin and makes him to be even more foolish to say such an obvious lie. I didnt realize it was a wig though.

I say he does it. He may not, I think he would be great. I just think he is amazing!
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher

johnny depp would be a good joker, he always plays so many different roles and dark characters such at icabod crane, willy wonka, jck sparrow, and the guy n fear and loathing. those movies ae completely different
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

Johnny Depp would be a good Joker because you know he can act and also i think he would look good for the joker character

Well, I can deffinatly see him playing the part! lol

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Depp made a great pirate, murderer, and chocolatier...so why not I say

I really hope Depp doesn't do it. Even for simple reasons like his partnership-ish with Tim Burton and I think he'd take the focus from Christian Bale in terms of stardom, which would suck.

will is Everything...
it is not really problem who's gonna Joker providing Nolan shoots the new generation Batman sequels.

stranger then a drunken mime
I don't think Depp could pull it off, I'm all for Tim Roth. If you've seen Four Rooms, you'd might agree with me.

Paul Bettany Baby!
And found he was eating his shoe.

Johnny Depp as Joker? I laugh.
No, really. I think that Depp wouldn't be able to play the part without me finding something in it funny. Look at Jim Carey as the Riddler, too extreme. Depp is a good actor but all you will be seeing is Depp.
We need someone less familiar then Depp to play him.
I do like the suggestion of Paul Bettany.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I would have gone with Denis Leary, Sam Rockwell, or Jim Carrey, but I think Johnny Depp could do a good job. I mean he's good in just about everything he's been in and a major box office draw, so why WOULDN'T they want him?

and I have seen it suggested elsewhere, but Liev Schrieber should play Harvey Dent/Two-Face. I just think that's inspired casting.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am having a nervous breakdance
How about Steve Buscemi?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I thought Andrew Koenig in Sandy Collora's fan film, Batman: Dead End was fairly good (at least in appearance). I was probably impressed more easily, however, because I'd never seen a version of The Joker that scared me at all.

A bit exaggerated for my tastes (and Christopher Nolan's, I'm guessing), but I do hope The Joker ends up looking similarly frightening. I want the guy to haunt my dreams, not sell action figures. An unknown with a few very subtle prosthetics is probably the way to go.