Ghost Busters
Cradle Will Rock
Stripes
What About Bob?
Groundhog Day

Movie that I liked him in, but don't care for overall:
Caddyshack

Followed VERY closely by

Peter edges it because, well, he's a Ghostbuster. But Phil Conners is as loveable a hero with his dry wit.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.
I love Bill Murray in everything I've seen him in.

I really enjoy him as Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters, and as Steve Zissou in The Life Aquatic. Also, Scrooged, and his small cameo in Zombieland is great too.

For me, one of Bill Murray's most memorable performances is in The Razor's Edge. The film wasn't as good as the adaptation starring Tyrone Power, and neither were as good as W. Somerset Maugham's novel.

But I love the story and the metaphysical journey of the protagonist in The Razor's Edge, and clearly Bill Murray did too. He co-wrote the script and made a deal whereby he would star in Ghostbusters as long as Columbia Pictures let him make The Razor's Edge first.

Of course, Murray's also great in lots of films that are mentioned in this thread.

Too many to count, but I feel like Groundhog Day was the peak of his powers. That movie wouldn't have been the same without him.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
He saves the Ghostbusters he's amazing in those films

I love Bill Murray in lots of things (not just in movie roles, he seems like a very cool guy). One performance that stands out for me is Mad Dog and Glory about a cop who's protecting a gangster's girlfriend. Robert De Niro and Uma Thurman star as well, if you haven't seen it I won't tell you who plays who but it's a pleasant surprise.

Lost In Translation... and the cameo in Zombieland

I can already see that this has been said many times, but I thought he was hilarious in Ghostbusters. The bottom of his career would be Garfield.

I still have a lot of Murray to see, especially his classics (e.g. Groundhog Day),but here's what I've seen ranked (by movie not performance).

1.Moonrise Kingdom
2.Broken Flowers
3.The Limits of Control
4.Ghostbusters
5.Osmosis Jones
6.Ghostbusters II
7.Lost in Translation
8.What About Bob
9.Zombieland
10.Spacejam (it's been forever)
11.Get Smart
12.Stripes

Favorite performance was probably his role in Lost in Translation.

Quite liked him in Scrooged one of my favourite Christmas films.
But my favourite role he played has to Dr Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters so if your reading this Billy get pen to paper and get signed up for Ghostbusters III.

I liked him in Ghostbusters and Zombieland. Im not a huge Bill Murray fan, wouldnt even say im a slight fan of his in all honesty.

I loved him in Lost in Translation. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was good to