Moulin Rouge

→ in
Tools    

WOW!! I just saw this movie on Friday and I was blown away. I have never seen a film like this before. Just the first 10 minutes are so amazingly beautiful that I had this big smile on my face the whole time. It is one of the best mixtures of comedy and love to come to the big screen in a long time. Everybody needs to see this movie to find out what movies are capable of doing today.

I agree. It's a film so beatifully structured and put together so well that it literally requires a rethinking of modern cinema and where it can take us. The images are cut together so intricately that it it weaves a sort of tapestry of the spectacular. I recommend it to all.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Sure wish I had been invited!!! cough cough---Steve--cough cough

Sorry man!!! You were invited, but we couldn't get in touch...

Have to say that I agree with you on this one Zweeedorf. The wife and I went to see it today because everything else that's out is pretty much crap and I could not have been happier. It is by far the best musical I have seen in years, but it was also hilarious and a touching love story. One thing that bothered me about A Knight's Tale was the modern music. I know that must people liked it, but to me it seemed to be out of place. Moulin Rouge was a completely different story. The modern music is one of the reasons that the film was so great. I especially loved the cover of Roxanne and Like a Virgin.

If you are reading this and haven't seen Moulin Rouge in the theater yet I suggest you hop in the car ASAP. It's definately a big screen movie if there ever was one.

Check out my full review at

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mosey/...in_review.html
[Edited by mightymose on 06-18-2001]

this movie was f***ing brilliant. as someone else said in this forum that the first 10 minutes were amazing.....they were so right!

i thought ewan mcgregor was awesome and nicole kidman's singing ability blew me away!

i can;t wait until this is released on dvd cause iw ant it sooo much!

Z¥GG¥

X - ZZ - X
[Edited by OG- on 07-30-2001]
Cause it makes us feel like we are needed

Hey, how come you got to curse? Lucky bastard.

Commish ive been wanting to curse for damn near the whole time I've been on this site. This is bull what the hell is going on here?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
We'll don't get your panties ina twist, since I moderate this thread, and since someone noticed this, I felt obliged to edit it. Now with 3 stars there, no one will know what was really there! Yea I have to tone down my cursing too. Sometimes I just wanna curse steve out soo bad...

MovieForums Extra
Sorry guys, haven't had a chance to see this one yet (believe it or not!), I'll post my thoughts as soon as I watch it. From what I hear though (didn't want to read any of the comments just in case it spoiled anything), it was an awesome movie, so I'm looking forward to it!

so far this is the best movie in 2001, I didnt want to start a whole new thread (i knew there already must have been one in the reviews). I would say traffic but imbd said it was a 2000 movie
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I can't believe I haven't said I loved this movie yet. How did I miss this thread? This movie was spectacular! Fantastic! Brilliant! Outstanding!