Overrated Actors/ Underrated Actors

Tools    

He has turned into a helluva director, but Affleck as rarely impressed me as an actor. I did think he was good in CHANGING LANES and I do think he should have received an Oscar nomination for HOLLYWOODLAND, but other than that...

I always thought Homer Simpson was way overrated.

I think Nicolas Cage is overrated, although he might have had a few good movies. Underrated: Edward Norton. He makes great choices in what he plays and had a couple of jewels (American History X, 25th hour, more?)

People won't like this, but i've always been underwhelmed by Al Pacino. I don't quite get why people rate him so highly. Perhaps i haven't seen enough of his films.

Underrated, Pete Postlethwaite.
And i'd also say Robert Duval, although he's rated highly by quite a few, i still dont think he gets the recognition he deserves.

^Yeah, it all depends which films of his you watch. I was hooked after watching Scarface. What a performance...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

but now you have my attention
I like Anjelica Huston, she always has a mysterious presence which she brings to her roles I especially liked her characters in Addams Family and Witches. I'd say she was more underrated as she hasn't done as many big films as she could have

People won't like this, but i've always been underwhelmed by Al Pacino. I don't quite get why people rate him so highly. Perhaps i haven't seen enough of his films.
It you're talking post mid/late 80's, I can understand why you'd think this. That's not to say there aren't good performances after that, but they don't appear on a regular basis.

Underrated, Pete Postlethwaite.
And i'd also say Robert Duval, although he's rated highly by quite a few, i still dont think he gets the recognition he deserves.
I don't know if he's underrated, but he's certainly not mentioned as often as his talent and performances deserved.

I don't agree with you on that. Ben Afleck was awesome in "Phantoms"

We all know who the most underrated actor is:

Bruce Campbell baby! He's your regular chick-magnet

he's an aging Elvis

hell he even kicks some zombie ass

You just can't get any cooler than that.
Yes Bruce Campbell is the man!!!

Wesley Snipes is underrated, he's an actual fighter that can act and had some diverse roles, would still be getting good roles if he had a better attitude from what I've read, Love these films -

White Men Can't Jump
The Fan
Major League
New Jack City
Blade 1 and 2 (Should be classed as one of the better Comic book to film heroes)
US Marshalls
Chaos
Demolition Man

I think Jude Law is overrated.He's annoying.

Might have to watch that as I do like Sanaa Lathan although reading up on it, it reminds me of One night Stand with Wesley Snipes which I also enjoyed.

Don't know if there's another one floating around now, but I'm resurrecting this thread to add one to the list

Maisie Williams

Outside of Game Of Thrones, none of the roles she's been in have been that interesting. I think she's a one-note actress who hasn't done any other role that makes her versatile as an actress. It'll be interesting to see where she goes when Thrones ends.

Wesley Snipes is underrated, he's an actual fighter that can act and had some diverse roles, would still be getting good roles if he had a better attitude from what I've read, Love these films -

White Men Can't Jump
The Fan
Major League
New Jack City
Blade 1 and 2 (Should be classed as one of the better Comic book to film heroes)
US Marshalls
Chaos
Demolition Man
love all of his 90s outings, especially passenger 57

Make a better place
Benicio Del Toro

UNDERRATED !

Dr. Gonzo (Fear & Loathng in Las Vegas), Fenster (The Usual Suspects), Benny Dalmau (Basquiat), Vincent Roche (Excess Baggage) , Jackie Boy (Sin City) - the list of memorable characters Del Toro has portrayed is endless. The man never fails to spark a little life into a flick every time he steps in front of the camera. He's one of my favorite actors and I hope that in time, he will gain the recognition and notoriety he deserves.

Absolutely, Benicio is criminally underrated