Horror Movie Ideas - What would you have?

Tools    

Hey guys, if you could make a horror film what would it be about and what would you include?

I'm a little stuck for ideas on what to make the narrative for mine so a little inspiration from you could help greatly!

please give any suggestions on what you would like to see in a horror movie, something original and not cliché.

thanks for your help!

Go fantasy.

Kid fears going into the basement... the old clichéd childish fear of the basement thing and his parents shrug it off as is usual with parents.
Turns out there really is something down there.

Like a cross between The Evil Monkey in Family Guy and the third act in Cat's Eye.

I know you said no cliché but could work.

A man was killed by wild dogs long ago when there used to be forest in the area . Now forest has been cleared to give rise to human habitation . But his ghost still haunts the area and attacks and kills dogs . And more dangerously , he kills those humans who keep dogs too . A family which loves and keeps dogs moves into a house in this neighborhood . Horror ensues....

A girl was gang raped and killed but was buried by the murderers without proper rites . Every anniversary of the killing , her ghost takes the form of a seductive temptress and ensnares a young man , takes him on a date , gets him drunk and then kills him . All handsome young men in the neighborhood are in danger for she looks too beautiful . It's upto their girlfriends to save them.....

A remote stretch of a road where there is no human habitation for miles around has a particularly high rate of accidents happening at a particular spot at night . People who travel by motorbike at night feel as if somebody 'heavy' sits on their bike's behind seat at that spot at night and upsets the balance of the motorbike , and the motorbike falls causing an accident . An intrepid investigator decides to investigate at night on a bike , and all alone . Horror ensues....

A newly built hospital has a high rate of death of patients brought there . Patients who are admitted for relatively less serious ailments ( like hernia operation for example ) develop high fever and die or get heart attack and die . An investigator who investigates finds out that it has been built at the site of a fierce battle fought long ago where there were huge number of casualties and many were buried without proper rites . A purification ceremony to expunge the spirits needs to be carried out . But the spirits don't wan't to leave as they are used to live there since a long time . As the purification ceremony starts , strange thing begin to happen.....

An oil exploration company finds oil somewhere . But before drilling could start an environmentalist raises a hue and cry about the loss to the environment due to oil drilling there . The oil company tries to bribe him but to no avail . One day he disappears suddenly . The oil drilling starts . But strange things begin to happen . The oil drilling is sabotaged mysteriously on many occasions . More sinisterly , workers are found dead . Police are unable to trace the culprits . The oil company employs private detectives to unearth the mystery . One of them ( the leading actor ) is confronted by a vision of the disappeared environmentalist---he is dead , killed by the oil company and his spirit is taking revenge for the murder by killing workers and will very soon target the bosses . Can the lead actor save them from the dead man's spirit or is his job to bring the environmentalist's killers to justice ??

Sudoku Blackbelt
A guy tied to a chair in the center of an otherwise empty room.

A single, bare, yellowed bulb burning overhead.

A tattered movie screen comes to life.

Roseanne Barr sings the National Anthem.

The guy dies.

The End

A guy tied to a chair in the center of an otherwise empty room.

A single, bare, yellowed bulb burning overhead.

A tattered movie screen comes to life.

Roseanne Barr sings the National Anthem.

The guy dies.

The End

How gruesome. That may be too horrific for even today's audiences.

Hillary Clinton becoming the next president. Scary.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

A man is trapped in a dark maze with an archaic design, as he is chased by something incomprehensible and never seen. His only indicator for how far he is from 'whatever it could be', is the noise it makes.

The sounds I have in mind aren't your cliche screech, squeel, growl etc. No, I prefer the idea of footsteps and unearthly noises. A noise, which in real life, would not be considered scary, but confusing. However in this scenario it would be considered scary, for it being unrecognizably baffling.

To me, this is horror. The idea of sound coupled with the unkown is terrifying, and I dislike when horror movies give me too much information.

Sigh, sometimes I wish I was a director.

Some ideas I found on a post by an FB friend---

Horror @ its best . . . .
(Spoiler- these are really scary)
Husband kills his wife while their 5 yr old son was still sleeping.The weird thing was that kid didn't ask 4his mom even 3 days after she went missing.
Father:" Is there something that you want to ask me ? "
Kid : " I just wonder, why mom is always standing BEHIND YOU . . terrifying horror stories wrapped up in two sentences or less
1. I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again.
2. The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
3. In all of the time that I've lived alone in this house, I swear to God I've closed more doors than I've opened.
4. A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down. As she got to the stairs, her mom pulled her into her room and said "I heard that, too."
5. My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. She was murdered by an intruder 2 years ago.
6. I always thought my cat had a staring problem - she always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day, when I realized that she was always looking just behind me.
7. There's nothing like the laughter of a baby. Unless it's 1 a.m. and you're home alone.
8. I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."
9. You get home, tired after a long day's work and ready for a relaxing night alone. You reach for the light switch, but another hand is already there.
10. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone

A girl is given a lifelike doll by her father for her birthday. She notices at times that the doll appears in different places from where she left it, and late every night she wakes up sensing an evil presence lurking over her bed.... This goes on for a week yet she always stays under her blanket, too afraid to look. One night she awakens again and once again feels that presence lurking above her. This time a hand closes on her cover and starts to pull it away as she lays there paralyzed with fear. Then she hears her father's terrified scream. As she listens beneath the blanket, she hears a scuffling and whimpering and then a horrible gurgling sound. Finally she peers out and sees her father dead beside her bed, his throat slashed. She jumps up and immediately notices her doll sitting on the end of her bed with a bloody knife in one hand and a picture of her mother who died the month before in its other hand. Written in blood on the back of her dead mother's picture are the words "I'll always protect you"... The girl holds the doll close, knowing it saved her from an awful fate, and the film ends with a close-up of the doll's smiling face.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Mining planet [x] for raw materials when the miner hits a pocket of gas, releasing spores small enough to penetrate his protective suit and into the skin deep enough to bind with DNA. Decontamination is useless as the ship's sensors fail to detect a foreign body.

Miner becomes ill and slips into coma aboard ship; spores activate dormant genes as the body feeds on itself. In a matter of time fungus starts to grow on the miners balls: small green mushroom like protrusions... consumption of the fungus; super freaky weirdness ensues.