Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Well I understand why haha. It's an exemple of how cinema can be influential. It's interesting from an historic point of view as well because it's how the people saw the WW2 while it was going.

Unregistered User

Deep End (1970)

British (and German apparently) made drama about a 15 year old boy who gets a job at a local bath house that turns out to be a bit more than he bargained for and finds an older woman that he falls for. I had absolutely no idea what this was about going into it and i still found it quite strange, although i must admit that i really enjoyed it.

8/10

Anyone else able to tell me what they thought of this? i dont think ive heard it mentioned here before?

Lord High Filmquisitor
I watched In Bruges last night. It was hilarious, well-acted and exactly my kind of weird. It also might be the most quotable movie this side of Forrest Gump. 7.5/10.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Mulholland Dr.
'

This is one unique and excellent movie! Mr. Lynch somehow squeezed anticipation out of every mundane detail. There was no point at which I wasn't gripped by the images and sounds I was being shown. I was less confused than I thought I would be, too. Really blown away. Wow.

Sudoku Blackbelt

This actually was not a bad movie.

I'm gonna give it a 7/10, based largely on Chloe Grace Moretz's performance.

Watch for her. This kid has real talent.

She's the best young actress to come along since Rachel McAdams.

I think so, anyway.

Oh, and by the way...

I watched this a gazillion times when my kids were growing up. Hahaha.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Rain Man 9/10

Funny and touching with great performances from Cruise and Hoffman. I never expected to like this movie so much.

Yeah it's a warm film. I was surprised by how much I liked it too.Cruise and Hoffman were great in their roles.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Mulholland Dr.
'

This is one unique and excellent movie! Mr. Lynch somehow squeezed anticipation out of every mundane detail. There was no point at which I wasn't gripped by the images and sounds I was being shown. I was less confused than I thought I would be, too. Really blown away. Wow.

I can't get this movie out of my head! It just keeps nipping at my consciousness. Seriously fantastic.

The Master 7/10

It's exceptionally well made and brilliantly acted, especially by Joaquin Phoenix. It's a film I really didn't want to like because there's not a whole lot that happens. But still, I couldn't help but be a bit drawn in. I won't watch it again and I'll probably forget all about it, but it's an impressive film.

Finished here. It's been fun.

7.8/10. Excellent character study, great acting performance by Robin Williams, and solid cinematography. Good film,extremely underrated.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

Easily On of the best silent films I have seen. Charming, funny, well shot, good story, excellent stunt work, and a happy ending.

*hilarious anti-romantic ending

Lord High Filmquisitor
I just finished Stalag 17, which was basically MASH + The Great Escape. It took a while for me to get into it, but when the drama took over from the summer camp hijinks, it got really interesting. 7/10.

Kick-Ass 2 good lord what a train wreck. I felt myself cringe a few times in the movie. Some scenes you could feel the actors giving it their all just the writing was terrible. Big mess IMO. The first one was so fun too I really enjoyed it. Everywhere the first one got right the second one miss fired.

The story was terrible. Some of the characters were pointless. The emotional investment I felt in the first one to the characters were gone. Silly and meaningless violence. Just yuck. Avoid if you liked the first one so it doesn't ruin it for you. I see why Jim Carrey didn't want to support this.

1.5/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)