HD DVD Is Dead...Long Live Blu Ray

Tools    

Because the 'stripped' version ain't worth it and it's more money anyway in the first place .......cause it's Blu-Ray
Once blu-ray DVDs are the same price as regular DVDs i'll upgrade. Until then, no.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Because the 'stripped' version ain't worth it and it's more money anyway in the first place .......cause it's Blu-Ray
That's the problem, they are not offering both versions, only the ones they want. So if someone were to want to watch the movie just because they like the movie, they have to shell out more money, whereas other people would gladly shell out that cash for the extras.

Not everyone buys DVDs for the special features, I know plenty of people who buy the DVD for the movie and just the movie.

That's the problem with Blu-Ray. Now with no competitors they can do what they want.

Suspect's Reviews

Specialty Films Cinema
I'm sticking with DVD's until Digital Distribution grows it's wings. The only real reason for the that much space would be games.

To be honest... think it'd be cool for games to be on a memory unit as small as a SD card. That'd be pretty cool... mostly.

Since being fortunate enough to have the ability to watch Blu Ray I have to say that two things come to mind: 1. Movies that have anything to do with the outdoors and big panoramic views - yep they are amazing to see on a big screen TV in B.R. and I hope more of the older films are made available in this format. 2. It is not a giant leap for other films, but it is am improvement. As with all things, when the initial hype wears off the prices will go down, who ever thought one could buy a DVD player for 29 bucks 8 years ago?

Well i've finally upgraded. I'm getting a Blu-Ray player monday night and i've already began collecting about 10 movies or so so far on Blu-Ray. I havent gotten the chance to see any yet, but im really excited to watch The Assassination of Jesse James and 2001 A Space Odyssey in HD

Im still going to continue to buy movies on regular DVD too, since the player im getting is also up-converting, but once prices go down and i can get a blu-ray player for every TV in my hour i'll stop getting regular DVDs except probably for Television box sets since those are ridiculously expensive on blu ray.

Jrs, you recently banned netflix? what does that mean?

Jrs, you recently banned netflix? what does that mean?
Banned. I forbid on using Netflix anymore due to them sending me the incorrect discs twice in a row. Plus the last disc I got was scratched. A company that does that to customers ain't worth it.

.....doesn't know what to put here!
someone i know told me about a HD-DVD add-on for the xbox 360, i got excited so i decided to check out HD-DVD's and was gutted when i realised they lost the war
Ah well, looks like it's blu-ray for me

someone i know told me about a HD-DVD add-on for the xbox 360, i got excited so i decided to check out HD-DVD's and was gutted when i realised they lost the war
Ah well, looks like it's blu-ray for me
It's worth is. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing the much greater quality of a Blu Ray disc compared to a DVD im glad i upgraded.

all technology has to die sometime i guess. ive even heard of something that they have a new internet out??

im willing to make the move

-Hattori Hanzo