Good Things in the Star Wars Prequels

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
All three films are kind of fun in an empty blockbusterish kind-of way. The visuals are great and there's some decent set-pieces in each of them.

Anyway, my question for you guys is; What are some things you feel the Star Wars Prequels did that were good?
I particularly like the first Qui-Gon and Darth Maul encounter. There's probably not enough drama in the couple of seconds before Qui-Gon tells Anakin to "drop!", and the effect of Maul jumping off the speeder is a bit ropey. Nevertheless once he attacks it looks dangerous, especially in the wide shot of the combatants in the desert. The music really adds to the sequence bringing to mind the feeling of adventure of not just Star Wars but the Thirties serials it derives from.

The final Dooku duel is also very well done, I think. There are a few poor choices, such as having him flap down from the gangway like a bat (I wonder why?) but I liked it. It was dark and brutal and that was surprising at the time.

Okay after rewatching the Prequels again I've realized I was mistaken, Samuel L. Jackson doesn't fit in these movies at all.
No, I'd agree with that, although I do love it when he wipes out Jango Fett. Ironically Lawrence Fishburne would have been a decent alternative.

No, I'd agree with that, although I do love it when he wipes out Jango Fett. Ironically Lawrence Fishburne would have been a decent alternative.
Yeah I think Fishburne would of been, or if Chiwetel Ejiofor was older when the prequels were being made he probably would of been good as well.