Movie Tab

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I've seen a few movies since I've last been here:

Femme Fatale-(1st time) I wish De Palma would return to making wonderful movies. Lately he has turned in movies that have no susbtance and whose style is used up after a great opening sequence. This movie is no different.
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King-(1st and 2nd time) Great, beautiful, perfect movie.
Sword of Doom-(1st time) Could've been like a poor man's MacBeth...or something. It starts off strong, but after the second quarter of the film I'd not only lost interest but found myself amazed that they had managed to drag the movie out so long.
The Last Samurai-(1st time) A grand epic here. I didn't really mind the ending as it was....but it could've been SOOOO much better. It is the only thing keeping this otherwise awesome movie from being a classic.
Fight Club-(3rd time) Still an amazingly funny and fun satire.
The Missing-(1st time) I was really looking forward to this movie....the acting and direction are pitch perfect (save the villain, who I found really annoying), but what is missing from The Missing is a story that provides emotional impact that would validate using up two hours of ones life at this movie. The first half an hour were BRILLIANT...if the rest hadn't dragged so much....a very large pity.
Smokey and the Bandit-(1st time) A silly but infectiously entertaining chase movie.
The Cincinnati Kid-(1st time) Here is a great movie. Check this out. You won't be sorry. The acting is great, as is the story. The closing duel of wits between Robinson and McQueen is one of most thrilling scenes ever.
Barton Fink-(1st time) Dang! When the Coens make a great movie, they really make a great movie. There is so much I loved about this movie...the performances, the plot, the direction and camera movements, the way Hollywood is portrayed...brilliant movie here.
Something's Gotta Give-(1st time) Great to see Diane and Jack together. They've both still got it, and this movie proves to be one of the better romantic comedies in recent history.

Elf-(2nd time) Still the only movie this year that has made me cry.

Stuck on You - not the funniest Farrely Bros. movie, but not the worst either.

Which Scarface? The one society has deemed a masterpiece or the classic b&w one that I love so much?

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Which Scarface? The one society has deemed a masterpiece or the classic b&w one that I love so much?
The 1983 Pacino version.

EDIT: Other movies I saw during the holidays:
The Hidden Fortress - ***1/2
Winged Migration - ***1/2
Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to stop Worrying and love the Bomb - ****

Final Destination ~ B- ~

Gotta love that ending!

Pirates of the Caribbean ~ B ~

Johnny Depp proved his skill by stealing the film.

Put me in your pocket...
LOTR: Return of the King~ Wow. I loved it. I only wish Aragorn was shown even more.

Gigli~ Morbid curiosity drove me to rent this. Ben Affleck was so bad in this....as was everything about this movie.

I also watched part of the Jame Bond marathon on the Spike channel.
From Russia with Love
Thunderball
For Your Eyes Only

And Naisy....how did you like it?

I was lucky and saw all good movies this time:

Something's Gotta Give-(2nd time) Still a very well made romantic comedy. Jack is truely one of the greats, and Diane still has it.
Strange Days-(2nd time) Still one of the very best movies ever made, as well as one of my personal favorites. Lenny Nero!!!
Old School-(1st time) Alright...this isn't a masterpiece, this isn't great, it isn't really original, but this is a highly funny comedy. Anything that makes me laugh as much as this movie did must be good.
Peter Pan-(1st time) To paraphrase, this is the real Pan. Check this out now! You won't be sorry. Jason Isaacs makes a wonderful Hook!
The Hidden Fortress-(1st time) Easily one of the more enjoyable movies ever made. A masterpiece, but I don't think it dethrones Yojimbo as AK's best film.

Do you know my poetry?
Requiem for a Dream - ***1/2
The Godfather Part II - ****
Raging Bull - ****

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES at the WHISTLE STOP CAFE I haven't seen it for a few years, I had forgotten how much i liked this movie.

SHAW WE DANCE

FOLLOW THE FLEET

Raiders of the Lost Ark - still the best adventure movie ever.

X2 - my favorite comic book movie so far.

Paycheck - meh.

Cheaper by the Dozen - double meh.

Wait for the last two to rent, neither are very good.

Sleepless in Seatle --can't resist this one
Nosferatu (1922) --Always a good watch! Any time Any where!!
Jeepers Creepers 2 --better than i thought it would be

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by jrs
Bad Santa
Big Fish
And your thoughts?