The Lone Survivor

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone seen The Lone Survivor yet? Literally one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time! Mark Wahlberg is brilliant. Muscles. Emotion. Guns. Thrilling plot. If you havn't seen it yet, get on it!

It's not bad. Has plenty of action and shooting, but just lacked characterisation and emotion. Walhberg isn't my favorite actor in the world, but he very well in this. All in all a solid war film that's well worth a re-watch, just nothing spectacular.

I thought the action scenes were the highlight. Here's my review too:

Just like 2001's Black Hawk Down, Lone survivor somehow manages to turn a military disaster into a celebration of US heroism. Based on a true story of four Navy Seals getting ambushed by the Taliban, the action scenes are very engaging & proper seat of the pants stuff. The military details have an air of authenticity, and the battle scenes are grimly realistic, but this doesn't quite have an emotional connection that great war movies always have. For a more honest account of the War in Afghanistan I'd recommend the documentary Restrepo (6/10).

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
It will be remembered for its visual effects not for its performances, plot or dialogue. On this level, it passable....

I thought lone survivor was pretty damn good. Especially the camera work. Not much shaky camerawork even though its a war film! good stuff
Fire walk with me.