My 30 Favorite 2000's Movies

Tools    

Victim of The Night
Idk, I remember liking him in that film as well, but I'll see how his performance holds up, I suppose. Regardless, we all know that Robards' regrets monologue is the best acted scene in that film by a long shot.
Of course. Robards doing anything is almost always going to be the best thing in any movie.

Hostage (2005)
Director: Florent-Emilio Siri
Writers: Robert Crais(novel), Doug Richardson(screenplay)
Cast: Bruce Willis, Kevin Pollak, Serena Scott Thomas
Genre: Action, Crime and Drama
Runtime: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
Rated R

A good and thrilling home invasion film with two things going on like three men trying to rob this wealthy bank accountant’s house and the family of Jeff Talley (Bruce Willis) a LAPD police officer, has been abducted by powerful criminals which forces Jeff to retrieve a DVD with bank accountings' information that’s kept in the accountant’s office.

"F**king rich people." – Jeff Talley played by Bruce Willis

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)
Director: Peter Jackson
Writers: J.R.R. Tolkien(novel "The Return of the King"), Fran Walsh(screenplay), Philippa Boyens(screenplay)
Cast: Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen
Genre: Action, Adventure and Drama
Runtime: 3 Hours and 21 Minutes
Rated PG-13

A great trilogy that takes you on a journey to explore the middle earth and fighting against the evils that are in it. I liked the third part the most because I found it more fun to watch as I see how this movie begins to wrap things up especially with the cool and brutal battle scenes that happened in the movie also.

“I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.” – Gandalf played by Ian McKellen

Hot Fuzz (2007)
Director: Edgar Wright
Writers: Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg
Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman
Genre: Action, Comedy and Mystery
Runtime: 2 Hours and 1 Minute
Rated R

An interesting buddy cop movie about a skilled London police officer, Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) getting transferred to this small-town police department, which the town as this dark secret and Officer Angel attempts to investigate while half the town tries to hide the secret. He teams up with this nitwit police officer named Danny Butterman (Nick Frost) to solve the crime.

"I may not be a man of God, Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which." – Nicholas Angel played by Simon Pegg

Taken (2009)
Director: Pierre Morel
Writers: Luc Besson, Robert Mark Kamen
Cast: Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen
Genre: Action, Crime and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated PG-13

As much as I like movies that contain the lead character going on a rescue mission and beating up the bad guys. I found it amusing while watching how Liam Neeson deals with these Albanians that are involved in sex trafficking and kidnapping his daughter and her friend while they go on a trip to Paris.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." – Bryan Mills played by Liam Neeson

Some thoughts on some of your picks...

Panic Room (2002)

A nice tense thriller movie about a mother and daughter buying this new luxurious 4 story brownstone that has this panic room just in case intruders break in. Little did they know, three burglars break into house overnight, hoping to find some money. Kristen and Jodie did a good job at their lead roles.
Love to see this here. It's a pity that this film often gets dismissed for its "simplicity", especially being sandwiched between Fight Club and Zodiac, but it's a pretty darn good thriller.

Resident Evil (2002)

As a fan of the video games, I enjoyed this fun horror sci fi film with zombies and other living dead creatures in it. Mila Jovovich that plays as Alice which was a cool character but wished the film used the characters from the video games first before making a new character, so in overall the movie was still a good one.
This is a film that I consider "not good", but still extremely rewatchable. Even though I'm not crazy about Jovovich or Anderson's "kinetic" style, the film certainly has a lot of energy and it's fun.

War of the Worlds (2005)

An entertaining action-packed alien invasion film about a divorced father (Tom Cruise) and his two kids trying to survive this alien attack that’s killing everyone one in their path. Not much of a Cruise fan myself, but he did good in this movie alongside with Dakota fanning, she did well also.
Top tier Spielberg and top tier Cruise for me. I think that, despite the flaws of the last act, the film is pretty great. The first tripod attack scene is one of the most intense scenes I've experienced, and the scene at the diner where Cruise finally breaks down is an example of how well he can act when he puts some effort.

Hostage (2005)

A good and thrilling home invasion film with two things going on like three men trying to rob this wealthy bank accountant’s house and the family of Jeff Talley (Bruce Willis) a LAPD police officer, has been abducted by powerful criminals which forces Jeff to retrieve a DVD with bank accountings' information that’s kept in the accountant’s office.
This makes for a pretty solid double-viewing with 16 Blocks; both films that try to play on Willis' vulnerability, instead of his macho attitude, and both films that give him some room to *act* instead of the mostly inert performances we get from him nowadays. Also, Ben Foster is pretty wicked here too.

The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
Director: Roland Emmerich
Writers: Roland Emmerich(story), Jeffrey Nachmanoff(screenplay)
Cast: Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emmy Rossum
Genre: Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 2 Hours and 4 Minutes
Rated PG-13

This was an interesting natural disaster movie with good special affects in it and seeing how these characters try to survive this global warning incident while they attend some event in New York City. I like how the movie shows that there are natural disasters happening in all parts of the world and not just in the NYC area.

“When this storm is over, we'll be in a new ice age.” – Jack Hall played by Dennis Quaid

Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
Director: Ronny Yu
Writers: Wes Craven(characters), Victor Miller(characters), Damian Shannon
Cast: Robert Englund, Ken Kirzinger, Kelly Rowland
Genre: Action and Horror
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated R

I found this movie entertaining to watch as two iconic slashers battle each other to the death. Jason is my favorite horror slasher, I don’t mind Freddy but I find him a joke and it’s fun to see him get his ass kicked.

“Welcome to my nightmare.” – Freddy Krueger played by Robert Englund

Final Destination (2000)
Director: James Wong
Writers: Glen Morgan(screenplay), James Wong(screenplay), Jeffrey Reddick(screenplay)
Cast: Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Kerr Smith
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 38 Minutes
Rated R

A brutal horror thrill ride about a group of high school students surviving this plane explosion as they were off to Paris and booted off the plane before the incent happened. Meanwhile, they must try to cheat death as it plans to kill them off one by one since they were meant to die in the plane explosion.

“In death there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes.” – Bludworth played by Tony Todd

The Dark Knight (2008)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Writers: Jonathan Nolan(screenplay), Christopher Nolan(screenplay), David S. Goyer(story)
Cast: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart
Genre: Action, Crime and Drama
Runtime: 2 Hours and 32 Minutes
Rated PG-13

A dark and cool action-packed batman movie with a nice upgrade from the joker which the actor that plays as him did well. I'm not a big fan of Batman, but I think Christian Bale did good playing batman.

“Why so serious.” – The Joker played by Heath Ledger

Mean Girls (2003)
Director: Mark Waters
Writers: Rosalind Wiseman(book "Queen Bees and Wannabes"), Tina Fey(screenplay)
Cast: Lindsay Lohan, Jonathan Bennett, Rachel McAdams
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 37 Minutes
Rated PG-13

The performances from Lohan and McAdams were good and seeing how it’s like to become this new high school student that can become easily attached with the wrong crowd while already making friends that were nice to that person in the first place. Don't mind me, for some reason I just have this love for high school teenage movies.

"I know it may look like I was being like a b*tch, but that's only because I was acting like a b*tch." – Cady Heron played by Lindsay Lohan

Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Director: Edgar Wright
Writers: Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright
Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield
Genre: Comedy and Horror
Runtime: 1 Hour and 39 Minutes
Rated R

If you are looking for an exciting and fun zombie comedy film, it’s this movie. the cast in this film did fantastic and it was enjoyable to watch them do silly things while trying to survive a zombie apocalypse.

“Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil, ”Sorry”, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.” – Shaun played by Simon Pegg

Superbad (2007)
Director: Greg Mottola
Writers: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg
Cast: Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Runtime: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
Rated R

This was a good comedy movie with a few laughs here and there. I like how Seth (Jonah Hill) and Evan (Michael Cera) as two best friends go through separation anxiety as they reach the end of the school year and attending a crazy house party before they go their own separate ways when going to college.

“I am McLovin!” – Fogell played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse

The Hangover (2009)
Director: Todd Phillips
Writers: Jon Lucas, Scott Moore
Cast: Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Justin Bartha
Runtime: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes
Rated R

Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and that's what pretty much happens when four men go on a rowdy adventure before one of them is getting married. I found this film funny and a delightful one to watch even though the film seems like a stupid but silly movie where all the things they do in vegas,would certainly land them into some serious trouble and wouldn't get away with it easily like they do in the film.

"Toodle-oo, mother f*ckers."

The Bourne Identity (2002)
Director: Doug Liman
Writers: Tony Gilroy(screenplay), W. Blake Herron(screenplay), Robert Ludlum(novel)
Cast: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Chris Cooper
Genre: Action, Mystery and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 59 Minutes
Rated PG-13

Another favorite action hero of mines, Jason Bourne the ass kicking machine that's got like two eyes in the back of his head when he's surrounded by bad guys and willing to take them out one by one. Matt Damon did a brilliant job with his role and it was a pleasure to watch.

“I swear to God, if I even feel somebody behind me, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your doorstep!” – Jason Bourne played by Matt Damon

– imo, this was a good theme song for the movie.

Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Director: Sam Raimi
Writers: Stan Lee(comic book), Steve Ditko(comic book), Alfred Gough(screen story)
Cast: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina
Genre: Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 2 Hours and 7 Minutes
Rated PG-13

Being a superhero can be a good thing, but there's always going to be some consequences along the way and this movie does a good job showing us why being a superhero is a hard thing to do.

"There's a hero in all of us." - May Parker played by Rosemary Harris

Tropic Thunder (2008)
Director: Ben Stiller
Writers: Justin Theroux(screenplay), Ben Stiller(screenplay), Etan Cohen(screenplay)
Cast: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr.
Genre: Action, Comedy and War
Runtime: 1 Hour and 47 Minutes
Rated R

This was a fun humorous comedy war movie and like how they think there still shooting a movie but really are heading into real danger territory. Tom Cruise was funny in this movie as well, it was sort of hard to recognize him without hair and glasses and beard on when I first saw the film.

“I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!” – Kirk Lazarus played by Robert Downey Jr.

Step Brothers (2008)
Director: Adam McKay
Writers: Will Ferrell(screenplay), Adam McKay(screenplay), John C. Reilly(story)
Cast: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Mary Steenburgen
Rated R

Will Ferrell and John C Reilly did a fine job with this movie as they play as two aimless immature grown men that still live with their parents and stuck in their own childish worlds.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale." - Brennan Huff played by Will Ferrell

Final Destination (2000)
Director: James Wong
Writers: Glen Morgan(screenplay), James Wong(screenplay), Jeffrey Reddick(screenplay)
Cast: Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Kerr Smith
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Rated R

A brutal horror thrill ride about a group of high school students surviving this plane explosion as they were off to Paris and booted off the plane before the incent happened. Meanwhile, they must try to cheat death as it plans to kill them off one by one since they were meant to die in the plane explosion.

“In death there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes.” – Bludworth played by Tony Todd
ahhh my favorite movie .
im so excited for final destination 6 that is release next year