True Detective (HBO) Official Thread

Tools    

When is this released? Such a good series.
Earliest would be October 8th...but it might get delayed based on what HBO has to air between this and House of the Dragon Season Two.

A lot of shows are in the can and ready to roll out over the next six months

When is this released? Such a good series.
January 14, 2024. Wow, 10 years after season 1 aired.

I'm looking forward to a new season! I liked the series a lot, especially the 1st and the 3rd seasons.

I'm gonna look up to see if 4th season is even coming, I'd be surprised if it did. That first season was one of the best seasons of TV I'd ever seen....(William Shatner voice) I've got, an idea!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
See my post a few up from yours.
Here's another thread of a pretty good HBO series too!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...=raised+wolves

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I saw the new season of this show has horror elements, do I have to watch the first few seasons to watch this one?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I saw the new season of this show has horror elements, do I have to watch the first few seasons to watch this one?
If you mean in terms of the story elements, no. Each season is its own self-contained, separate story.

I think I’m right in saying that each season stands alone.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
s1 stood so that s2 could fall. s3 pulled itself back up by its wigs and prosthetics.

There has not been another show like s1. It didn’t give you what you wanted and in turn, that makes it better as time goes by.

It’s there, lurking offscreen. Shot through a Matt Reeves Vaseline lens. Supernatural fear that you never see. Just like real life 😳

This made me laugh, due to its inevitable truthfulness.
🤗 🥹 🤗

I think I’m right in saying that each season stands alone.
It does so far but I've seen a trailer for the 4th season and I'm pretty sure there is a link to the first season in it.

It does so far but I've seen a trailer for the 4th season and I'm pretty sure there is a link to the first season in it.
Could be.