Windows 7: Geeks Rejoice!

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Windows 7 is scheduled for release on October 22nd, as most of us know. I had the pleasure of obtaining an early copy. I figured that I should share with you all the advantages of upgrading vice staying with Vista or even XP (for those of you not wanting to conform).

7 is the operating system we all expected (and hoped) Vista would be. With the release of Vista, we all hoped that it would improve on features introduced in XP. However, Vista was fraught with bugs that Microsoft never fully fixed. To put it bluntly, Vista was a hot mess.

Fast forward to present day, Microsoft has moved on from their major blunder and have finally released an OS worthy of fanfare. While elements of Vista are still present, they don't require as much memory to function as Vista itself did.

Most new features are too small to notice. However, one of the most noticeable new features is the taskbar. It's now taller and instead of a Quick Launch toolbar and a rectangular box for each open program (or window), you're treated to space-saving boxes with just an icon of the program. Moving your mouse over any box will prompt preview box to come up. Unlike Vista however, moving your mouse over the preview box prompts a full-screen preview of whatever it is your mouse is hovering over. This is also my favorite feature of 7, thus far.

With 7 not being a full-fledged upgrade from Vista, most programs should function without any problems whatsoever. This cannot be said for every program out there. If you're running an anti-virus program, it's best to check the Microsoft 7 page to check and see if it is compatible with 7. Most of the more popular a/v programs are compatible, but it doesn't hurt to check beforehand.

There is also a tool you can download, prior to buying 7, to check your computer's compatibility.

Overall, the look and feel of 7 is very much similiar to Vista, but you'll find that 7 is a much better operating system and is the definitive upgrade from XP.

A must get!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I have one of my PCs running 7. It is actually a lot like a Mac operating system which doesn't surprise me, I think PCs will start resembling Macs pretty soon.

I had recently installed the windows 7. I like windows 7 and It is really good operating systems. It is better than previous all operating systems of Microsoft. I like the most feature of windows 7 is touchscreen. It is amazing feature. It is saving our time.It is faster than windows XP and windows Vista. It is also supporting the ext2/ext3.

Happy New Year from Philly!
I have one of my PCs running 7. It is actually a lot like a Mac operating system which doesn't surprise me, I think PCs will start resembling Macs pretty soon.
Which raises the question, why buy a pc?

Well you can`t ignore the fact that Mac computers cost much more than a PC, at least in the country where I am. But then again, everything costs much in the country where I live.

I agree that the new version of Windows is great, but the best Os for me will still be Windows 2000.

In addition: What does "PC" stand for? Personal Computer yes? (Certainly not Political Correctness) How is a MAC not a PC then? - - Anyway, I think it depends on what you need a computer for. If you are a photographer or a "media" junkie then a MAC would probably be your best bet. The everyday end user however will need a Windows system. Sorry, but for now, that is how it goes.If Apple wants to pull a bigger market share then it needs to offer a software alternative.