Albums I love

Tools    

As well as being a film fan, I also love music. Each day - or as close to that time-frame as I can keep up - I'll be posting an album I'm a fan of, and explaining a little about why I like it.

Feel free to read...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I hope you're gonna include some Tuvan Throat Singing.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

OK, first up is this 1976 David Bowie album - possibly my favourite of all time:

Station to Station is Bowie's most troubled album. Recorded against the backdrop of the most turbulent period of his life, where his daily diet consisted of cocaine, red peppers, and milk, and he stored semen and nail-clippings in his fridge, it shows a man on the edge. However, despite those personal troubles, this is possibly Bowie's greatest work. It's chaotic, cold, and distant. But the music on display is, for me, some of the best he ever put to record. The sprawling title track is my favourite Bowie song - its lyric "the return of the Thin White Duke, throwing darts in lovers' eyes" is incredibly memorable for the subtle wit that Bowie often showed, yet it's also a catchy mix of blue-eyed soul, funk and rock. Some complain that the title track is too long; I don't think it's long enough. The other tracks - most notably "Golden Years" and "Word on a Wing" - are terrific, all an appropriate blend of the transitional and uncertain elements that had found their way into Bowie's oeuvre by this point.

Certainly not an album for everybody, but I think it's possibly his best (and that's no small feat, considering his wonderful back catalogue).

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Station To Station is probably my favourite Bowie album.

Blondie's Parallel Lines is almost certainly their best album - a wonderful record full of memorable, catchy hits and some lesser-known - but generally equally as good - tracks. Everything from the cover to the lyrics exude a sense of excitement that must have been brimming in new wave circles around this time. My favourite song off this is probably "11:59" but I also like "Pretty Baby" - hell, I like virtually everything off this. A masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.

As much as I love music, and even though I've listened to an awfully lot of music in my wife, I never really got into buying albums or CD's. I just listen to the radio and play the jukebox a lot. I will say I love Bowie and Blondie.

As much as I love music, and even though I've listened to an awfully lot of music in my wife, I never really got into buying albums or CD's. I just listen to the radio and play the jukebox a lot. I will say I love Bowie and Blondie.