MoFo quiz league

Tools    

All questions on film, of course.

Ten questions a week. Answers to me by PM. Leaderboard kept.

Week Five table
The Rodent - 46
Holden Pike - 44
Hitchcockian - 37
Hit Girl - 27
Daniel M - 22
The Sci-Fi Slob - 9
seanc - 4

Add them to the quiz tab maybe?
I'm not sure how that would work, though. I suppose it's easy enough to do it in this thread.

Thanks for the replies so far, by the way. We'll go ahead with it - hopefully with some more partakers.

Right, I'll write some questions and anyone who wishes to enter can just PM me with their entries. Please don't post your answers in the thread as others could use them, cheers.

Questions for Week One - please enter by PM'ing me with your answers.

1. Which despotic leader is the subject of the 2006 film The Last King of Scotland?

2. Who hosted the recent 86th Academy Awards ceremony, held at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre?

3. In the 1976 film Taxi Driver, what is the surname of Jodie Foster's character?

4. Which American film studio is based at Emeryville, California?

5. The sleepy seaside town of Bodega Bay is the setting for which Hitchcock film?

6. Which director's films included Ben-Hur (1959), The Big Country (1958), and Jezebel (1938)?

7. Doing so at the age of 76, which actor holds the record for having been the oldest to win a Best Actor Oscar?

8. Name either of the two actresses Frank Sinatra married.

9. Which actor links the following characters: Jack Vincennes, Quoyle, Lester Burnham?

10. Complete this famous film quote with two words: “Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the...”

Good luck!

Woops... missed the thread for a couple days...

Giz a little bit and I'll send my answers in.
Still four days left to enter anyway. Just didn't want people who wanted to enter to forget.

OK, six entries for the first week. I'll be running it as an accumulative competition - in other words, the more weeks you enter, the more chance you have of winning.

Current league table is in the first post.

Anyone can take part at any time - just PM me with your answers to the questions below:

Week Two questions

1. Who won a Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

2. How many "Road to..." films starring Bing Crosby and Bob Hope were made?

3. In what year was the film Requiem for a Dream released?

4. Terence Young, John Glen and Martin Campbell have - among others - directed films in which long-running franchise?

5. Pedro Almodóvar is a prominent film-maker of which country?

6. In which film does Clint Eastwood utter the line: "Go ahead, make my day"?

7. Who played Commodus in the 2000 film, Gladiator?

8. Name the following film from its IMDb synopsis: Two British track athletes, one a determined Jew and the other a devout Christian, compete in the 1924 Olympics.

9. Who played Jesus Christ in The Greatest Story Ever Told and Father Merrin in The Exorcist?

10. Which person directed the following films: The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Phenomena, Sleepless?

Last reminder for this. Anyone welcome to enter.

Apologies for the lateness but it was my birthday the other day and I've had a very busy weekend.

Last reminder for this. Anyone welcome to enter.

Apologies for the lateness but it was my birthday the other day and I've had a very busy weekend.
Well, Happy Birthday - where are the questions????

Only four entries for the second week, but the standard was very high, with all four getting at least seven.

Deadline for Week Three entries: Friday 16th May

Good luck for the third week's questions, which are below:

1. Name the following film from its IMDb synopsis: When Keller Dover's daughter and her friend go missing, he takes matters into his own hands as the police pursue multiple leads and the pressure mounts. But just how far will this desperate father go to protect his family?

2. Who directed Five Easy Pieces (1970), Blood and Wine (1996), and The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981)?

3. Who is the subject of Clint Eastwood's 1988 film Bird?

4. Which actor links the following roles: John H. Mallory, Zac, Britt?

5. In which country was Audrey Hepburn born?

6. Which James Bond villain was portrayed by Julian Glover?

7. In which year was Vertigo released?

8. Which 1994 film features the music of ABBA prominently?

9. What was the first film to be directed by Michael Bay?

10. Which actor starred in the following three consecutive roles: Jim Garrison, Frank Farmer, Robert 'Butch' Haynes?

Good luck!