Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Martyrs

0/10

This might be the worst movie ive ever seen. It wasnt just dumb and boring but almost everything about it rubbed me the wrong way. Tries too hard and failed hard in every way. The most disturbing thing about it was how many of my brain cells died.
I agree with this!
Glad im not alone!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Damn...

The fade to black version is pure art and pure vengeance!

Jigoku
Very poetic!

One of the best films ever!
Tatsuya Nakadai is my favorite actor of all time!

Poster design for Trick or Treat is gorgeous. I hate to see it have such a low rating, but then again it was titled Trick or Treat

Now. I need to start stalking all your posts because I think I would love most all the movies you continue to reference.

More of a 3.75. I really want .25 pts on the review, or 10 pts totals!!! It's so hard to give a score for me when subtleties swing it one way or another.
PG used to do two of them for a 10 point total.
= 8.5/10 for example.

PG used to do two of them for a 10 point total.
= 8.5/10 for example.

woooooaaaaaaa!?
mind=blown.
rofl. thanks for that idea!

Seriously. That made me way happier than it ever should. I actually feel a little strange now, for it.

movies can be okay...

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Terrific movie. Re-watched it yesterday.

Stellar cast & director, but a disappointingly dull movie. Unless you're fascinated by floor mops, which I'm not.

Atrocious movie. I didn't believe in any of the characters nor was I invested in any of them. Made me appreciate masterpieces like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers even more.

I need to see ^^Short Cuts!

In Which We Serve (1942)

David Lean directs this movie from the top 100 British films list. During WW II, the Germans are bombing this British ship. It gets hit and all the men end up in the water while it sinks. Then we alternate between flashbacks from some of the men's lives, back to the present, and so on it goes. This is a really good film and I'm surprised I didn't get into it more. At the very least it is impressive filmmaking.

Atrocious movie. I didn't believe in any of the characters nor was I invested in any of them. Made me appreciate masterpieces like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers even more.

ooooo I can't believe I forgot about this movie when referencing horrible southern/Virginian accents! Poor casting IMO, and a few very silly action sequences. =*( I may give it slightly more than you did, but not by much.

ooooo I can't believe I forgot about this movie when referencing horrible southern/Virginian accents! Poor casting IMO, and a few very silly action sequences.
Usually I like Andrew Garfield, but I felt like slapping that stupid expression off his face, which he wore throughout the entire movie.

What killed me was over an hour of very dull exposition & then, suddenly, we're in Okinawa in 1945. What happened to the inbetween years? Really bad movie.

R (aka R: Hit First Hit Hardest) (Tobias Lindholm & Michael Noer, 2010)

As prison movies go it's bleak but worth a watch. As cleaning movies go I'd say it's quite possibly up there with the very best.

Saw 99 homes last night. It's pretty good. But man, makes me scared to buy real estate!

ooooo I can't believe I forgot about this movie when referencing horrible southern/Virginian accents! Poor casting IMO, and a few very silly action sequences. =*( I may give it slightly more than you did, but not by much.
I saw a review on youtube that mentioned that its more interesting to read the wikipedia on the main character. Apparently his feats were so unbelievable they had to tone it down to make it seem more realistic or something like that.

Terrific movie. Rourke almost unrecognizable.

I saw a review on youtube that mentioned that its more interesting to read the wikipedia on the main character. Apparently his feats were so unbelievable they had to tone it down to make it seem more realistic or something like that.
I'm sure the man was amazing in every way. My heart sank when I saw Mel Gibson was the director. Oh well, I win some, I lose some.

I also saw this already, but I was in the phantom zone.

I know now what the genius of Annie Hall is, and what rises it above other Woody films. It has so much humor in it that when she finally turns him down, it's bearable. Otherwise it wouldn't be.

The Straight Story (1999) -

I never thought I'd see a David Lynch film where I wasn't left wondering what I'd watched by the end of it

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.