So bad, and yet so good...

Tools    

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
You know you watch them. Movies so bad, but you have to see them. They fulfill some strange sick need....

Waxworks 1 & 2 (Lost in Time)
Buckaroo Bonsai (at the end of the movie they tell you that there will be a sequal...but the sequel didn't happen exactly as planned instead it was reworked into
Big Trouble in Little China
Tank Girl (I could have done without the Kangaroo guys, but I guess they are part of the package)
Innocent Blood (There were so many cameos by directors etc that there's a web site dedicated to pointing them out to you.)
Stay Tuned (A over looked John Ritter movie)

Those are some of the ones I own without even looking in my collection!

Confess...what's your passion/poison?

Lets put a smile on that block
Wax Works one and two used to scare me so much. the one where the guy goes into the werewolf one was nasty. And there was a really gruesome one where a guy gets his legs nibbled off by some vampire woman....*shudder* I havtn thought about that movie in ages. like to see it again to see how awful ther are.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Wax Works one and two used to scare me so much. the one where the guy goes into the werewolf one was nasty. And there was a really gruesome one where a guy gets his legs nibbled off by some vampire woman....*shudder* I Haven't thought about that movie in ages. like to see it again to see how awful ther are.

I own Waxworks 2, but can't find a copy of Waxworks 1; which is ok since I think Waxworks 2 is better anyhoo.

When she hits him in the head with the book?

Hmmmm, I wonder if the writer of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures was influenced in any way.....

Bloodsport with Van Damme is a huge guilty pleasure of mine...along with Tango & Cash.

Is Stay Tuned the one when Ritter and his wife get sucked in by that satellite dish ? That was hilarious, esp. the cartoony bit.

Tex Avery did the cartoon bit, and he's (was) big in cartoons. Ritter was overjoyed to be working for him.

Another guilty pleasure: Tremors. The frist one with Kevin Bacon. Too funny!

And how about Rocky Horror Picture Show?

O-yeah, Tremors was awesome ! Rep points for reminding me, I gotta hunt down the DVD...

Tremors
Can't fault this films inclusion. A brilliant cult movie if ever there was one.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits within

Sure it isn't what FF should have been in film but I still like it.

I'm hearty, dammit!
Definitely "Laserblast"

Oh wait, that goes in the "So bad and yet so bad..." category. But I'll still watch it again.

"Mmmm...sacrilicious..."

Originally Posted by politesuccubus
I own Waxworks 2, but can't find a copy of Waxworks 1; which is ok since I think Waxworks 2 is better anyhoo.

When she hits him in the head with the book?
I adore Waxwork II. It is my absolute favorite B-horror-movie sequel of all time.

"Nweoireu, weoreiu wheyei zdaweno..."
"The book's upside down, Douglas."

Bruce Campbell's little cameo there is the crowning moment, with an honorable mention to the last bit, where they sword-fight through all the different horror movies. Love it, love it.

My "so bad it's good" list is legion, but here are a few:

Cannibal: The Musical! - Quite possibly the best musical about cannibalism ever filmed.
Bring It On, Center Stage, etc. - I have a kind of addiction to this brand of movies. Which is odd because I'm neither a teenage male nor a lesbian.
Any early John Waters movie.
Most of the movies on MST3K - Sometimes because of the commentary, sometimes not.

Oh, hell. I can't think right now, but I'll add more later. I will say, though, that I too love Tremors, but it is not so "bad" that it's good. It is so good, just all the way 'round. Well-made, well-acted, and f*cking hilarious.

The final fight is worth seeing the whole movie for, I agree.
But the bit in the basement when she's throwing stuff and it's hitting Bruce? I both felt back for him and almost peed my pants laughing.

"It's all right, Douglas. It's gone numb."

I also like "Hudson Hawk". And the "Phansasm" (sp?) movies.

Originally Posted by Mairosu
Bloodsport with Van Damme is a huge guilty pleasure of mine...along with Tango & Cash.

Is Stay Tuned the one when Ritter and his wife get sucked in by that satellite dish ? That was hilarious, esp. the cartoony bit.
I'm sorry to say that I actually agree with that

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Bring It On, Center Stage, etc. - I have a kind of addiction to this brand of movies. Which is odd because I'm neither a teenage male nor a lesbian.
Funny, I quite enjoyed Bring it On, probably because I found it totally intellectually inoffensive unlike the American Pie movies or other moronic teenie comedies.

As for Center Stage, it's one of my wife's favourite films. 'Nuff said there.

And when hard pressed, I'll admit that that ballet in the final scene was awesome. The way you make me feel...

Hi
Apparently Mortal Kombat is a guilty pleasure because noone seems to regard it as a good movie Just because its based on a video game, contains weird characters and concepts and is directed by Paul W.S Anderson doesn't me-...ohh..uhh..what i meant to say is that I've seen it 597332.4 times and its amazing to me as a fan of the game.

It's ok. There, there.

*pats him on the back*

I've watched "Long Kiss Goodnight" almost as many times, and there isn't a video game attached.

Hi
I bet I beat you out with that .4 didn't I?

Mayyyyyyyyyybe! But then the phone rings, or the friends come over and yell "NOT AGAIN"! And you have to turn it off right after the credits....so I understand.

But I bet I've seem more Danny Kaye flims than you!

The best being "Walter Mitty" ta-pockta, ta-pockta, ta-pockta!

Originally Posted by politesuccubus
I've watched "Long Kiss Goodnight" almost as many times, and there isn't a video game attached.
Oh, yes. Another lovely guilty pleasure, and this one has Sammie Jackson to boot.

"You're gonna die screaming. And I'm gonna watch."

Originally Posted by Mairosu
Funny, I quite enjoyed Bring it On, probably because I found it totally intellectually inoffensive unlike the American Pie movies or other moronic teenie comedies.

As for Center Stage, it's one of my wife's favourite films. 'Nuff said there.

And when hard pressed, I'll admit that that ballet in the final scene was awesome. The way you make me feel...
Sorry, Mair. I shall never generalize again. Or at least not for another week.

And, yes, I love Cooper's ballet at the end. Awesome, awesome.

I must become Caligari..!
Cruel Intentions
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...