Pirates of the Carribean 2 - OH MY!!

Tools    

Latino Review spoke with uber-producer Jerry Bruckheimer about his upcoming stuff, the big revelation that a sequel to "Pirates of the Caribbean" is already in the works - "Yes, we have Johnny Depp already lined up. We just made a deal with the writer who did the re-write of the first Pirates. Let’s hope we can do better than Bad Boys 2. It took me eight years to get that to the screen. We’ll make this much quicker". Bruckheimer is keeping busy right now as well - "We’ve got two TV shows coming out, one called Skin and the other called Cold Cases. We’ve got King Arthur filming and another film with Nicolas Cage called National Treasure. It’s a treasure hunt movie directed by John Turtletaub and that starts in two weeks".

Corrupter of the Peace
**** i havnt even seen the movie yet
its only recently come out here
better get to the theaters then

Hmmm… I’m not surprised they want to do a sequel to Pirates after the first one did so well… Do you know anything about King Arthur though? Isn’t this one supposed to veer away from the myth a lot?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I think the sequel to "Pirates of the Caribbean" will be great!!! I want to see as early as possible a continuation of this movie...

I must become Caligari..!
Well this is no suprise... Did any one watch the WHOLE credits...
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

King Arthur is supposed to be based more on historical events than the myths and legends, but seeing as how it is Bruckheimer I doubt how long that idea will last.

Yup, my freinds and i stayed for the whole credits and loved the little bit they tagged on at the end. Cool!

Worried about a sequel tho bc the first Pirates was so awesome. It'd be hard to out do that. But any excuse to check out Johnny Depp again is fine with me. hehe mmmmmmmmmm even for an older guy, he is HOT!

Oh Yes!

This movie was amazing

I guarentee that the second movie will do just as well as the first one, the Feirce boat fights, the sword fighting and the cursed pirates.

What more could you ask for? Except maybe a sequel

No! No! I say leave this movie alone. The reason why the first was so good (besides the acters) was the how they gave the whole pirate scene a whole new look. I doubt they can do that again.

And they ended the movie with no room for a sequal. What are they going to do a story on now? Got go team up with some pirates and go kill some other pirates and this time it's personal!.

Though I have a feeling the only reason why there is such a big demand for another movie is because of the two acters. I'm not going to go pay 8.50 go see two cuties running around the screen. I'll just give it a b- and wait to rent it for 1.50.

Originally Posted by bloodraveness
But any excuse to check out Johnny Depp again is fine with me. hehe mmmmmmmmmm even for an older guy, he is HOT!
YOU'VE got an age thing maam.

Demi's boobs.

Now Johnny is 'older'.

Ah, the young.

The reason it succeded was for 3 reasons 1: It was really well made 2: The casting of Johnny Depp was brilliant and 3: there has been a serious deprivation of the swashbuckling sort in American movies. We need more pirate movies!

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
The reason it succeded was for 3 reasons 1: It was really well made 2: The casting of Johnny Depp was brilliant and 3: there has been a serious deprivation of the swashbuckling sort in American movies. We need more pirate movies!
No. The reason why it did good was cuz it was orignal and there hasn't been to many pirate movies in the past few years. Sinbad was a pirate movie with beautiful animation and yet it didn't do so well.

Sinbad was also horribly advertised, and the fact that it was animated didn't help it.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Sinbad was also horribly advertised, and the fact that it was animated didn't help it.
Animation part I will agree. But are you saying taht if the that if it was advertised better it would of made it a better movies?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
In my pals defense, I'll say I think that project meant only that Sinbad failed at the box office because it was poorly advertised. There was no word of mouth to save it from the failure induced by the lack of audience who were probably turned off (or not turned on rather) by the advertising....or lack there of. I didn't help that it was animated, as the audience range for a successful animated film at the box office is usually slim.

I don't think anything was said in regards to the quality of the film.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

(Ok I replied but somethin happened and it didn;t seem to show up so I'll try again)

Advertizing has nothing to do with it. My Big Fat Greek Wedding turned out great and it seemed like weeks before I saw any preview. The reason why Sinbad didn't do so well was cuz it was for a smaller audience (13 and below) who I have a feeling don't care to much about romance or pirates.

Originally Posted by torie
(Ok I replied but somethin happened and it didn;t seem to show up so I'll try again)

Advertizing has nothing to do with it. My Big Fat Greek Wedding turned out great and it seemed like weeks before I saw any preview. The reason why Sinbad didn't do so well was cuz it was for a smaller audience (13 and below) who I have a feeling don't care to much about romance or pirates.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding happened because of word of mouth. As I stated, this wasn't really a possibility for Sinbad, as its target audience was limited, it was an animated film, and it had bad advertising. Thus, no word of mouth, thus no box office.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
My Big Fat Greek Wedding happened because of word of mouth. As I stated, this wasn't really a possibility for Sinbad, as its target audience was limited, it was an animated film, and it had bad advertising. Thus, no word of mouth, thus no box office.
Jez you really know how to tick a girl off. That basically what I said just you added some fluff.

in defence of my friend torie she is right you practically took what she said and added

In defense of myself, the point I stressed was that My Big Fat Greek Wedding succeeded due to word of mouth, and word of mouth alone (as this was the type of movie that generates word of mouth). I used points you had made to illustrate how you have the general idea of what goes on, but completely miss the specific point. That is, there was no word of mouth for Sunbad due no one seeing it (anyone that would generate word of mouth anyway, as the audience which was targeted directly by the advertising and through the genre of film itself was not the kind that does stuff like that), which is in turn, due to poorads, etc.

So, no. I didn't just repeat what you said and add "fluff" to it.