Zack Gideon now a murderer

Tools    

I don't know how many people are going to read this or know what I'm talking about but I thought it was worth enough to post. I used to work with a kid named Zack Gideon at a steakhouse based in our hometown. Unfortunately, several years ago, Zack had been involved in some kind of car-accident that severely injured him. He developed major back problems and couldn't feel his right hand sometimes. He also developed a severe depression and became a full-blown pothead. I never thought much of it because he was very quiet and didn't cause any real problems. He did however settle his car accident suit for 250 thousand dollars. That's a nice shot in the arm. He got himself one of them new Chrysler 300's but amazingly crashed it after not too long and was powerless to keep it which his parents afterward sold. This happened about three months ago.
Since you guys are now up to speed, I got a call from one of my former co-workers and old friend early today who told me Zack had gotten into trouble. What he did was, for no evident reason, he decided to kill his dad while he slept on the couch. He hit him twice then slit his throat with a samurai sword which I didn't know he even had. There was no sexual or physical abuse in the family even though his dad and him did argue quite often.
So this leads to a cute game we can play. What do you folks speculate was the motive? I am guessing it was either about his former vehicle or an argument about his money. Or was it a manic-depressive rage built up in him that lead to the slaying of his father after so many fights? What do you think? Oh, by the way. This took place in Hauppauge, NY, Long Island.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
What he did was, for no evident reason, he decided to kill his dad while he slept on the couch. He hit him twice then slit his throat with a samurai sword which I didn't know he even had. There was no sexual or physical abuse in the family even though his dad and him did argue quite often.
...So this leads to a cute game we can play. What do you folks speculate was the motive?
How is this cute? The guy killed his father! Can you imagine what that family is going through right now?

I'm willing to bet, however, (you could have just left out the "So this leads to a cute game we can play." tag) that the son must have been angered severly at his father over something, and that anger could be mixed in with past occurences.

What do you folks speculate was the motive?
Bar bet, I reckon. Or maybe a science experiment gone awry?

Or if the father was wearing something all sexy and revealing, he was probably just asking for it. Do you have that detail of the case, was Poppa all dolled up in a mini-skirt and fu*k-me pumps on the couch there?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
What a horrible story.
I'd imagine it's rage over the accident messing him up, focused at his father for making decisions for Zack. That must be a bit freaky to know someone personally who did that.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Or if the father was wearing something all sexy and revealing, he was probably just asking for it. Do you have that detail of the case, was Poppa all dolled up in a mini-skirt and fu*k-me pumps on the couch there?
I really don't find that funny in a case like this.

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I really don't find that funny in a case like this.
Maybe so, but the thread starter isn't showing much respect for what happened by saying it'd be "fun" to speculate as to the motive, either.

This thread is weird.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Yoda
Maybe so, but the thread starter isn't showing much respect for what happened by saying it'd be "fun" to speculate as to the motive, either.

This thread is weird.
It always makes me grin when Yoda throws up his hands and says, "this is weird".

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Obviously he played alot of videogames and watched Kill Bill too many times.

If he owns a PS2, expect the above claims to be made by your local media and ambulance chasers.

Yeah, I made mention of that eariler. I think our thread creator should have had the word "respect" in mind when making this thread...

Originally Posted by OG-
...and watched Kill Bill too many times.
I thought the same thing as well.

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Yeah, I made mention of that eariler. I think our thread creator should have had the word "respect" in mind when making this thread...
Since when is questioning a sign of disrespect? Especially among a group of people completely estranged from the topic. If kracka went to the funeral and in the middle of the service yelled out "SO ANY GUESS AS TO WHY HE DID IT!?", that would be disrespectful.

This thread isn't disrespectful at all, because you don't even know the person in question and the person in question (or his immediate family) aren't involved in this discussion.

Yoda can call it weird, but you don't have much of a base to declare an answerless question to be disrespectful.

Originally Posted by OG-
Since when is questioning a sign of disrespect? Especially among a group of people completely estranged from the topic. If kracka went to the funeral and in the middle of the service yelled out "SO ANY GUESS AS TO WHY HE DID IT!?", that would be disrespectful.

This thread isn't disrespectful at all, because you don't even know the person in question and the person in question (or his immediate family) aren't involved in this discussion.
Why do we need to know the people involved to know that he's being overly flippant? He describes a gruesome murder, and then says "So this leads to a cute game we can play." It's not the question, but the way it was asked.

I'm not sure if "disrespectful" is the word I'd use to describe it, but it's certainly a little crass. Honestly, would you ever consider saying something like that?

Originally Posted by OG-
Hey, I'm just showing my symphaty. Is that a crime? So I don't know them- big deal. I'm just like that- I show symphathy for others who have lost a loved one.

Lets put a smile on that block
This thread is absoloutly horrible.

"Hey, one of my old aquaintances murderd his loved ones, lets all have fun guessing why!"

What a ****ing dumbass!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Why do we need to know the people involved to know that he's being overly flippant? He describes a gruesome murder, and then says "So this leads to a cute game we can play." It's not the question, but the way it was asked.

I'm not sure if "disrespectful" is the word I'd use to describe it, but it's certainly a little crass. Honestly, would you ever consider saying something like that?
I have said some incredibly crass things. I've sparked some incredibly morbid debates. If someone I knew killed their father with a sword, would I start a forum discussion as to why and refer to it as cute? Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I don't think it is the use of cute that makes it read disrespectful, I think it is just the identification of someone's name in general. If the thread had been nameless, it'd be faceless and thus a different story...

I do, however, think this thread was created without proper consideration, because of the inclusion of the name (though don't confuse that with disrespect).

But this really happened. **** happens. Talking about it is cathartic. Though I do, too, doubt the thread was created with any intention of eleveating sorrow. Just morbid fascination. It's human nature. It's the same reason I posted a link to a baby born as a cyclops.

I think it's strange frankly that many of you have chosen to take seriously some of the wording I used. And who are you guys to lecture me about disrespect? None of you knew him or his dad. I did. The point of this thread was to maybe get some suggestions as why Zack, a kid, would do such a thing. The sarcastic wording was more of a reflex of anger than being lewed. Looks like this one flew over most of your heads.

Looks like this one flew over most of your heads.
What a ****ing dumbass!

Originally Posted by OG-
I have said some incredibly crass things. I've sparked some incredibly morbid debates. If someone I knew killed their father with a sword, would I start a forum discussion as to why and refer to it as cute? Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I don't think it is the use of cute that makes it read disrespectful, I think it is just the identification of someone's name in general. If the thread had been nameless, it'd be faceless and thus a different story...

I do, however, think this thread was created without proper consideration, because of the inclusion of the name (though don't confuse that with disrespect).

But this really happened. **** happens. Talking about it is cathartic. Though I do, too, doubt the thread was created with any intention of eleveating sorrow. Just morbid fascination. It's human nature. It's the same reason I posted a link to a baby born as a cyclops.
Like I said, it's not the question that's objectionable. I don't think anyone here's taking issue with the idea that it's okay to talk about these things. It is, as you said, the disclosure of the name in conjunction with what was said that makes it, at the very least, ill-advised.

I think it's strange frankly that many of you have chosen to take seriously some of the wording I used. And who are you guys to lecture me about disrespect? None of you knew him or his dad. I did.
I don't see how that's relevant. Whether or not what you said is in poor taste (or disrespectful) doesn't have anything to do with who knew them.

The point of this thread was to maybe get some suggestions as why Zack, a kid, would do such a thing. The sarcastic wording was more of a reflex of anger than being lewed. Looks like this one flew over most of your heads.
Probably because you're writing a post on the Internet, where sarcasm is not as evident. The solution, of course, is to take that into account when posting, by either making the sarcasm highly obvious, or not saying sarcastic things that could be miscontrued as out of line. Either way, trying to pin whatever misunderstanding their was on everyone else won't fly.

May The Forks be With Us
My conclusion is that he was probably high, and he had his sword, and he had a rough past with his dad. he made a unconscious decission and should be punished for it.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"