Music in Film

Tools    

For soundtracks: i love the soundtrack of both of the Dirty Dancing movies, Chicago, Love Actually, The Pianist
And themes...the Forrest Gump theme..it's so touchy. Probably many others, but i can't think of more right now

Shameless self promotion
As larshjk said, pretty much anything with the combined talents of Angelo Badalamenti and David Lynch; two people strangely in tune with each other.
Soundtracks are great but sometimes scores are more suitable, Requiem for a Dream being a great example.
One thing which is IMO becoming pretty cliched is the use of heavy metal in horror films, I am getting a bit fed up with that now. Not too sure how the whole thing started but it would be nice to have some variation by now.

Harold and Maude, Easy Rider, Blues Brothers and ummmmm Dogtown Z-Boys

and for scores i liked Jurrasic Park.

In the Beginning...
My two favorite composers, James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer, gave me an early birthday present by co-composing a Batman film. If you haven't listened to it, the Batman Begins original score is divine.

Garden State had an excellent soundtrack, though not original, but the choices were made flawlessly. Perhaps I find this soundtrack enjoyable because of the fact that I like nearly every band on it...
Requiem for a Dream also had an excellent score.

oh yeah and Dazed and Confused

Requieum For A Dream
Jaws
The Virgin Suicides
Royal Tennenbaums
Rushmore
The Life Aquatic
Blade Runner

As for soundtracks:

Lost In Translation
Royal Tennenbaums
Life Aquatic
Trainspotting
Kill Bill vol. 1
Dead Presidents
Rushmore
Boogie NIghts
Sexy Beast would be on this list if they would'nt use dialog before every track (so annoying).

I am having a nervous breakdance
I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Neil Young's guitar noise in Dead Man is really brilliant.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Neil Young's guitar noise in Dead Man is really brilliant.

I was finally able to watch Dead Man the other day and ended up buying the soundtrack the next day, so obviously, I agree...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hustle & Flow, I brought the soundtrack yesterday and is very nice.