Did any of u americans see "Trainspotting"

Tools    

curious question, i was wondering if any of u have seen or even heard of the cult scottish classic "trainspotting" starring ewan mcgregor, robert carlyle, ewan bremner and jonny lee miller?

over in britain its regarded as one of the greatest films ever made but i have rarely seen it crop up in an american poll or forum.

anyway tell me ur opinions folks

I love Trainspotting…. Saw it in the theater and have it on DVD… the part with the dog cracks me up every time… but this film takes a hard look at drug addition and the lows addicts will sink to for their fix…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Are you aware of that this movie was dubbed in America because of the scottish accent spoken in the film?? I just think that's funny and interesting...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Why am I here?
Originally posted by rocklarky

over in britain its regarded as one of the greatest films ever made but i have rarely seen it crop up in an american poll or forum.
I wouldn't say it was the greatest film ever made, I come from England and I loved that movie, but it's not hailed as being that great anymore. Still you gotta love dark herion comedy.

What ever happend to british cinema?

Sic Networks

i didnt say it was the greates, its regarded as one of the best, gets ur facts right u english prick

im drunk

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Are you aware of that this movie was dubbed in America because of the scottish accent spoken in the film?? I just think that's funny and interesting...
that's pathetic!!!!

its one of my favourite movies ever...i watch it at least once every couple of months

Why am I here?
Originally posted by rocklarky

English Prick? You should really read what you post.

Movie Explorer
I love this movie too. It's simply hilarious and contains slap-you-across-the-face comedy moments. I own it on VHS and watch it once in a while when I'm bored, but it's one of my favorite movies. Begbie is GREAT!! what a psycho lol

It was beauty killed the beast.
It has a pretty decent cult following in the U.S.
Kong thought it was pretty good.

A novel adaptation.
Actually, none of us Americans ever saw it. We were too busy riding around in Diesel trucks, shooting animals, wearing cowboy hats, and spitting. These things take up time, of course.

None of us have ever read any books, either.

I worked across the street from a movie theater in San Francisco, CA that played Trainspotting to sold-out audiences for three straight months. But did any of those thousands of people ever really see it? Hmmmmm, can't be sure.

Did any of u Scottish folks ever see the obscure American cult classic The Usual Suspects?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

[quote]Originally posted by Holden Pike
I worked across the street from a movie theater in San Francisco, CA that played Trainspotting to sold-out audiences for three straight months. But did any of those thousands of people ever really see it? Hmmmmm, can't be sure.

Did any of u Scottish folks ever see the obscure American cult classic The Usual Suspects?
[/QUOTE

Hey Holden, I love the usual suspects watched it many times, but 'obscure American Cult classic'
hadn't thought of it as OBSCURE or CULT!

oh nebbit, nebbit, little nebbit.....the omnipotent one was engaging is a bit of sarcasm

Originally posted by n7of9
oh nebbit, nebbit, little nebbit.....the omnipotent one was engaging is a bit of sarcasm
n7of9 You have found me out I am a little dizzy and also that was my pathetic attempt at also being Sarcastic not very good at it oh well

I too am from Scotland, and I understand why the question has been made.

American films are shown throughout the world, but I don't know if Scots films are...

Pleased to hear that you all enjoyed it though.

PS - The Usual Suspects is "cult" though isn't it? I thought it didn't make any money back yet...

But you're so big!

Originally posted by Piddzilla

I didn’t know Trainspotting was dubbed Piddy…that is funny… I’d like to hear the original to see if I could understand them… … I remember reading after it played here, Ewan was held over by airport security in New York and double checked for drugs…

Originally posted by Cam74
PS - The Usual Suspects is "cult" though isn't it? I thought it didn't make any money back yet...
It made it back, and then some. It cost a mere $6 million to create; it grossed almost four times that in North America alone. That's not counting its surely massive home video sales/rental numbers.

Yeah, but apart from making back, it still wasn't a huge success,was it? I mean, it was a success it terms of its budget, but it wasn't like, "Holy mother of pearl!"