Recommendation Engines?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The ones I know are not accurate (IMDB, etc)

Basically, if you were to type in a movie, this engine would give you other (accurate) recommendations.

Try checking out Criticker

https://www.criticker.com/

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

IMDB, the six or twelve recommendations at the bottom are not that bad, I have stumbled upon some good ones from there. Their algorithm mostly depends on the lead actors, director and genre. But to be fair, can any computer generated logic quantify what the human mind is looking for?

Somebody try this out and post back how it works good or not.
You have to rate 10 movies which I did, hoping my Top 10 would bring me gifts, so I exported my 2,000 IMDB ratings, and will have to wait for them to sort it out I guess... I'm still working at it, not sure how hard I'll try.

You have to rate 10 movies which I did, hoping my Top 10 would bring me gifts, so I exported my 2,000 IMDB ratings, and will have to wait for them to sort it out I guess... I'm still working at it, not sure how hard I'll try.
Please post back and let us know how it works out for you. I tried it this morning by rating 10 movies, then searching for similar movies to The African Queen. It gave me only one recommendation Midnight (1939). I might play around with it some more.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Don't laugh, but try Amazon? Searching for a movie product usually gives a section "Customers Who Viewed this Item also Viewed" down the page a bit. For me at least, if someone is searching the name of a movie that I'm looking for I can safely trust their tastes in other similar searches they have also made.

If you search specific under the Movies topic, there's a "Customers Who Watched this also Watched" list. I just searched for Rubber (2011) and got back a list that contains Special (2006), Mother (2010), The Signal (2008), and Eden Log (2007). I think those would be reasonable branches from where I started.

Not quite what you're looking for I guess, but still fills a similar need.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Somebody try this out and post back how it works good or not.
I'm really like it. It's great putting in a movie only a few on the site even have graded, and then being able to see their ratings... I ESPECIALLY love how you can filter out the years, from ____ to _____ (inserting whatever year I want), and other filters.

I'm really like it. It's great putting in a movie only a few on the site even have graded, and then being able to see their ratings... I ESPECIALLY love how you can filter out the years, from ____ to _____ (inserting whatever year I want), and other filters.
Cool, sounds like it could be useful. I'll have to give a more through check out.