Transformers 3

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Transformers 3 Release Date Set

A few weeks ago Michael Bay had a meeting with Steven Spielberg and Ehren Kruger to discuss ideas for Transformers 3 and to decide whether it would be released in 2011 or 2012. Before Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen burst into public viewing Bay said he wanted to have a break from robots and planned to make a small movie (Pain and Gain) before starting the next one, however from what he posted on his official forum today it looks like he’ll be going straight back into it:

Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I’m flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael
Source: Filmonic
Previous related posts:

Michael Bay Starts Work On Transformers 3
Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks Transformers 3

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Cool news but I havet seen the second movie yet...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Michael Bay
Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story.
Let's hope Michael and friends thought the second one was a terrible story. Otherwise, we can't trust his judgment here.

im really excited about a third transformers movie

I loved the 1st movie. The second movie showed Prime being bada$$, but I think they lacked in a good plot. I'm hoping the third one will be awesome.

Michael Bay wants to go “sideways” with Transformers 3

If you get the right combination of vehicles on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Blu-ray extra feature “The AllSpark Experiment” then director Michael Bay will appear on-screen and talk about Transformers 3. It’s quite marvellous. Someone has YouTubed the two minute clip which you can watch below.

&feature=player_embedded

In the clip Bay talks about where he wants to go with the next film. It must have been filmed a while ago as he mentions that “Paramount are really pressuring me to make Transformers 3 right away”, but we know he’s already started working on it, so it seems the pressuring worked!

Bay mentions some rather surprising but encouraging things. He says T3 can’t get any bigger, so it’ll have to go “sideways” in terms overall scope and action. He says it will develop the relationship between Bumblebee and Sam further, explore more of the robot characters, and it could go darker. Bay also says it has to be more “emotional” which, if Revenge of the Fallen is anything to go by, means we’ll have more slo-mo shots of Megan Fox looking unhappy.

Whether he will actually deliver though, is something we’ll have to wait for. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was big but it certainly wasn’t clever. They need an actual story for the next film, instead of ‘evil robot wants to blow up the sun’.

I loved the 1st movie. The second movie showed Prime being bada$$, but I think they lacked in a good plot. I'm hoping the third one will be awesome.
Both films highlighted very weak plots. The third movie should forgo a story altogether and have a series of animated sequences with a lot of explosions and new model Fords (or whatever cars companies pay for exposure). The movie would make more sense with no plot to deviate from the course of walk robots, racist depictions, and things that go "boom."

If Tranformers 3 is anything like Transformers 2, I'll probably walk out of that one too.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

One man for the job but the right man
sweet.. only 2 years lol

waiting for the sequel.and i just hope that the plot of the story is much better than the second one

Megan's gone from the Transformers 3.

Megan Fox dropped from Transformers 3!

Update: It’s official. Megan Fox won’t be returning according to a Paramount spokeswoman. No official reason why yet.

___

Some potential Transformers 3 drama has been reported on Deadline Hollywood. Apparently Paramount won’t be picking up Megan Fox’s option on Transformers 3 “and that it was ultimately director Michael Bay’s decision.”

If Fox has been dropped it must have been be a very recent (and last minute) decision. The actress was spotted on set doing previz shots (visualizing scenes before filming begins) just 2 weeks ago and Bay said in November that Megan had “a great part” in the next film.

If Megan has been dropped i’m sure we’ll find out why in good time. Some are suggesting that she may have been let go because of her digs at the director in the press, apparently referred to Michael Bay as a “nightmare” and “Hitler” during a few interviews last year. I doubt that will be the sole reason though, if it were Bay would have just eliminated her from the script from the start. It could be the case that Fox and Bay haven’t been getting along and the prospect of spending the next 5 months together doesn’t appeal to them.

Deadline say that:

Right now Bay et al are finishing up the script for the threequel and “giving Shia a new love interest makes more sense for the story,” an insider tells me. Bay will start casting immediately for the new female co-star.
http://filmonic.com/megan-fox-droppe...formers-3-2011

Bummer. She's uh, got great, uh... you know.

Prestige will, no doubt, be happy to learn that according to the rumours (read "internet teenagers") this lady is the most likely to take over.

Gemma Arterton

Whilst I'm not a fan, isn't she too good for this?

Gemma Arterton front-runner to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3?

With word that Megan Fox won’t be returning for Transformers 3 comes speculation as to who will replace her as Shia LaBeouf’s love interest. According to The Wrap Gemma Arterton is currently front-runner and has apparently already had discussions with Michael Bay. Although, Arterton already has the Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia franchises under her belt.

The Wrap name a few other potential candidates:

Models Bar Rafaeli and Miranda Kerr were both brought in to the project’s casting office to read for “Transformers 3.”

Rafaeli is an Israeli model who is currently dating Leonardo DiCaprio and stars in Haim Bouzaglo’s indie psychological thriller “Session,” which is in post-production.

Kerr is an Australian model whose acting experience seems to be limited to an episode of the CBS sitcom “How I Met Your Mother” in which she played herself. She’s been one of the Victoria’s Secret Angels since mid-2007.

Brooklyn Decker is another gorgeous model whose name has been mentioned as a potential Fox replacement, and of the three models, her film career looks to be the brightest at the moment. She’s appeared on “Chuck,” “Ugly Betty” and USA’s “Royal Pains,” and is currently filming the comedy “Just Go With It” with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. She was also on the cover of this year’s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and is married to American tennis star Andy Roddick.
Filming is already underway so whoever does end up replacing Megan Fox will have to be free, good looking, willing to play a 2-dimensional character, and good at running.

Not to long ago (two hours ago precisely) Filmonic tweeted the following:

The guy who runs Michael Bay's forum apparently said Megan Fox's replacement was hired weeks ago. 'Hotter with no tattoos'
Hmmmmm

i think they should get another female character but not a 'love' interest
they should stick to a good story and put the awkward romance stuff in again