White Supremacist rams Car through Counter Protestors, Killing 1

Tools    

One guy doesnt change society but instead is a reflection of society.

White supremacists are the logical outcome of identify politics: women are opressed, fight for women's rights, black's are opressed and fight for black right's, so logically we should start to see white men fighting for white men's rights.

For example, a colleague of mine who is American said he voted for Trump for one reason: because he felt that white men were being left behind. And Trump's stances are the logical reactions to leftwing political correctness.

I think it shows how identity politics that divide people into collective groups with antagonic interests that is the main problem.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Not for nothing, but I thought BLM stood for Black Lives Matter? Does the BLM organization self-proclaim No Justice, No Peace as their mission statement?

I googled that and this is what I came up with: http://blacklivesmatter.com/event/no-justice-no-peace/

I suppose if someone does something wrong, then I can do something else wrong---if that is the defense. Is it all good because someone else did it first? Are both wrongs equal? Or is one inflated to suggest equality thereby diminishing the other by relative comparison? I thought liberal relativism was bad? Again, is that responsibility? Or is that side-stepping the issue by pointing fingers?

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you?” Trump said, drawing cheers and laughter. “Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise. They won’t be so much, because the courts agree with us too — what’s going on in this country.”

“I’d like to punch him in the face,” he told the Las Vegas crowd when one protester was ejected.

This is good. We are good. Nothing to see here.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
*tap-tap-tap*
is this thing on?

*heavy breathing into the mic*
test... one.
test...

A horrible thing for sure, in all honesty though, violence at these rallies is really nothing new. I've seen YouTube vids of a neo-nazi getting stabbed (I believe he died shortly after) people bleeding all over the sidewalk, getting stomped on by ten people, and this was all when Obama was still president, so the whole blaming Trump bit is asinine imo.

To me, leaning toward ANY side too much (right or left) is never a good thing. It only promotes intolerance, hate, and violence. We will never have peace if we don't have some degree of understanding from both sides. We need to meet somewhere in the middle, because we will never have 100% of people left or right.

Forever moderate!

What do the Americans here think about people pulling down statues of Confederate figures?
Its long overdue... but I am in a very small minority of people. I completely disagree with the sentiment that these people are in the minority by the way. These are the people that got Trump elected. And if you voted for Trump... you are just as much a part of the problem as these WHITE SUPREMACISTS are!

Is @Yoda as bad as the white supremacists? He didn't vote for Hillary. He voted for some independent person, I remember. Trump won the state where he lives. He helped Trump become President, too, by not voting for Madame President.

Oh I see how it is @Yoda
@Powdered Water can say Trump supporters are as bad as white supremacists, and that doesn't get deleted, but calling @Powdered Water an idiot for saying such a thing.... gone.

Is Yoda out in the streets spewing hatred and looking to start a fight with anyone who isn't white? I'm not. I will be though if this continues. I'll be after these white fella tho...This aggression will not stand. It is time for these people to go. And if you don't condemn them, I really think you're part of the problem too. Sad to say, but its true.

Is Yoda out in the streets spewing hatred and looking to start a fight with anyone who isn't white? I'm not.
Am I? Are the rest of the people who voted for Trump doing this? Gunslinger45, who is a cop - is he out there causing trouble?

I don't know Sexy...what are you doing? You say stuff like, if I don't like this country then I should leave it. Are you helping spread Trump's message of love and tolerance to all?

I don't know Sexy...what are you doing? You say stuff like, if I don't like this country then I should leave it.
Jokingly.

Welcome to the human race...
Trump has a well-documented history of actively and passively condoning racism. If you still support him in the face of that, then at the absolute best you are saying that him being racist is not a deal-breaker.

Trump has a well-documented history of actively and passively condoning racism. If you still support him in the face of that, then at the absolute best you are saying that him being racist is not a deal-breaker.
There's supporting him and then there's voting for him. Powdered Water said everyone who voted for him is as bad as the white supremacists.

Not sure what the difference is - it's not like he started being racist after he won the election.
Well, some people voted for him just because they didn't want Hillary for whatever reason.