Jiro Dreams of Sushi - Great Documentary

→ in
Tools    

Watched this last night. Really well done. Talk about being 100% obsessed about your profession. Wow. Don't recommend watching it on an empty stomach though - it'll have you salivating!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I agree. The man dedicated his ENTIRE life, to the art of making sushi. To the point where he might have neglected his children and wife. The man is considered THE SUSHI MASTER and a plate at his restaurant costs about $350 dollars, so the question is would you pay to eat something from a master of his craft?

The shots of the sushi look gorgeous and the story of a man who never seems satisfied with his work is indeed fascinating.

Suspect's Reviews

Thing is the dude has to be ridiculously rich but does he ever take any time to enjoy his wealth?

Ya it's a pretty powerful documentary, it's like a motivational speech in a movie. Really beautiful too. My dream is Jiros Sushi.

Wow I gotta check this one out!
Don't do it on an empty stomach! I made that mistake and was drooling less than 5 minutes into it.

I already made the mistake of grocery shopping right after I had seen the trailer!
Give me a break! All of you!

I* watched the trailer for Jiro Dreams of Sushi just now
and I didn't see anything to drool about -- and I LOVE sushi. Oh, please -- a few teeny, tiny pieces of sushi on plates. Yeah, right -- I'm so, so hungry. Gonna eat everything in sight now. Oh, please.

I know what's going on -- it's the title of the movie. It sounds silly and unusual and you're all obsessed with it. You all have some need to love a little movie about a funny little Asian man who is "obsessed" with making sushi. Oooooooh, he is so dedicated to his sushi. What an honorable thing.

I've noticed this movie brought up a lot lately around here and I'm convinced the film is just a fad film -- some trendy little foreign thing. If the trailer had shown some really appetizing sushi -- a really nice, good spread -- THEN I would have been interested. The trailer looks bland as hell in every regard.

THIS is appetizing:

Big ol' salami sub with chunky tomatoes and onions. This is what Sexy Celebrity dreams about. The bread's a little bit on the boring side, but it'll do. Take a look at those onions -- they are so big, they could be hoop earrings for a wacky vegetarian drag queen. Actually, this isn't the best sub out there, but it looks more fulfilling and appetite creating than Jiro's sushi.

*sophisticated know-it-all who correctly guessed the Top 6 MoFo Millenium movies.

That looks like a slug.
Can't we all be friends here ? Jiro is trying to broaden your horizons, he's trying to kick your appetite up a notch like Emeril.

*while slowly putting the sandwhich in my pocket*

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sexy Dreams of Subs

I really hoped this film would be amazing, but instead all it is is an hour and forty five minutes of Jake Gyllenhaal eating a sub naked. Still a must see.

In the Beginning...
Sexy Dreams of Subs

I really hoped this film would be amazing, but instead all it is is an hour and forty five minutes of Jake Gyllenhaal eating a sub naked. Still a must see.
I didn't really understand all the camera angles and closeups. I was like, "Who directed this?"

Sexy Dreams of Subs

An hour and forty five minutes? You obviously didn't see the uncut version.