Logan

Tools    

Logan is a great movie, while I respect Ethan Hawke and enjoy some of his films putting Bresson and Bergman in the same category is pretentious nonsense.

I am also so very thankful for these Super Hero movies as they've dramatically raised the bar from the popcorn flicks I grew up watching in the 90's.

The academy has lost a lot of respect from me over the years by failing to recognize these billion dollar quality films. PIXAR not having 2-6 BP Oscars right now is shameful.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Ethan Hawke about LOGAN: "Now we have the problem that they tell us Logan is a great movie. Well, it's a great superhero movie. It still involves people in tights with metal coming out of their hands. It's not Bresson. It's not Bergman. But they talk about it like it is. I went to see Logan cause' everyone was like, This is a great movie and I was like, Really? No, this is a fine superhero movie. There's a difference but big business doesn't think there's a difference. Big business wants you to think that this is a great film because they wanna make money off of it."

I agree with every word.

https://movieweb.com/logan-movie-eth...erhero-movies/
Same. I’ve seen it and it’s an ok film but a better superhero film. Nothing memorable other than some good violence which is not the norm.