Is Han Solo over-rated?

Tools    

-I can't believe when people say Han Solo is one of the greatest movie characters

-Indiana Jones is way better

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Han Solo's a badass, and so is Indiana Jones. I wouldn't really consider one better than the other, since they occupy different genres. I do prefer Han Solo though, since I grew up with Star Wars.

you take it away... to show them what they had
Han Solo is a kind of character that people will always love. handsome, cool, tough, every man want to be like him and every woman wants him. As well as Indiana Jones.

I hete those characters.

Funnily enough... I've been writing about heroes of the past.

Here's what I got so far...

The infallible hero…

Something caught my attention the other day, it was a post on here talking about a young Han Solo being part of a Star Wars side story and that there are no actors these days who can fill Harrison Ford’s boots.
The very essence of Solo is the fallible hero… like John McClane or even Martin Riggs.
The hero that has faults, weaknesses and that loses his cool, his temper and occasionally a limb or even his life.
The hero that often ends up in peril, and has to rely on others or even has to sacrifice something to uphold his own moral code, even if it means losing his temper.

John McClane who took on bad guys with no shoes on, ends up injured to hell and eventually even hangs a guy from the rafters using chains
MacReady in The Thing, a guy who suffers watching his friends die and inadvertently has to sacrifice himself to destroy the creature
Rocky Balboa who lost his big shot and even eventually ended up with brain damage
Rambo who was a temperamental and tortured soul, eventually lost his rag and took out an entire town
Han Solo, a self-promoter and pathetic ladies’ man who ended up frozen in Carbonite
Martin Riggs, another tortured soul with temper problems and a psychotic undertone, who ended up near death after being shot several times
Chief Brody and even Quint who both chased everyone’s favourite shark and found themselves in above their heads
Indiana Jones, a man who is tough but beatable, who then winces like a girl when his girlfriend patches him up

… these are heroes that are no longer seen.

Movies of years gone by had that. Sure there were a few examples that went against the rule, Steven Seagal and Van Damme are the prime examples of older heroes who were infallible.
So why is it these days, we are treated to nothing but infallible heroes like Richard B Riddick, the new John McClane who appeared in Die Hard 4 & 5, Bryan Mills in Taken, Rick McConnell from The Mummy series… heroes who go on a relentless and unstoppable march of victory with little peril to befall them?

Could Martin Riggs, a hero with a massive fault exist in cinema today?
A guy with serious mental issues and a temper control problem… a hero that at one point, was shot to **** and was near killed before having to rely on his friend to save him?

Is it because there are no actors around these days willing to be shown as weak? No dashing, wisecracking, fallible heroes anymore?
Does everyone really want to become JCVD and Seagal?

Who knows… all I know is, the golden age of cinema, the 70s and 80s, gave us heroes with weaknesses…

… and those heroes, were the mightiest of all.

blasphemy! Han Solo is America.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
No, he's not overrated, you half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder!

Han Solo is the most over-rated character ever.He ain't in league of Indiana Jones,Jack Sparrow or John Mclane

Han Solo barely appears in the movie and is not even the main hero in the movie

He is a character of the greatest series of all times. But not greatest character as himself

Ban AdamHanks.

For either being a Han Solo hater, or for being a troll.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

^Why?
Because I find a particular character over-rated.

Han Solo was just a supporting cast in Star Wars.The hero of the movie was Luke Skywalker.

Han Solo is a cool character but he barely does anything significant for the movie

Indiana Jones,John Mclane,Jack Sparrow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>........>>>>>Han Solo