Any former IMDB users here?

Tools    

I've been lurking around here for a while now, so thought I should finally introduce myself. Was a loyal IMDB forum member for 6+ years until they shut down the place.

Do we have any other IMDB members here?

I've been lurking around here for a while now, so thought I should finally introduce myself. Was a loyal IMDB forum member for 6+ years until they shut down the place.

Now I've been lurking around this site and have been using MovieChat.org for movie-specific discussions.

What's IMDB?

InterMediate DebiBels

Apparently the OP is an audiophile.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You'll find several threads dedicated to IMDB people around here.

Suspect's Reviews

You'll find several threads dedicated to IMDB people around here.
Way to go, Ruin The Bit Guy....

Yes, I'm from IMDb, and I'm pretty pissed off about them closing the message boards. I especially miss the 6 degrees game. I rarely use IMDb now.

Can't believe they closed them
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it.

I used IMDB mainly for the forums though so have not been there since the boards shut down.

I used IMDB mainly for the forums though so have not been there since the boards shut down.
Same, I'd love to see a before and after on site traffic.

They claimed the forums were a small percentage of users but I'm not sure if they realize how many more clicks (Ad revenue) they got just from someone posting one message vs looking at one movie then closing the tab.

The truth is in here
I now pretty only visit imdb to rate movies, and add quotes/trivia. My heart's not into it, but eh. Whatever. With the message boards I always posted at least twice a week, not too seldom every day in periods, or several times a day.

I'm lucky to have this forum at least.

Ratings are useless, the trolls use sock accounts to spam 10's or 0's so all the ratings are skewed.

The best way to thank them for nuking the forums is forgetting the site exists.

Now I've been lurking around this site and have been using MovieChat.org for movie-specific discussions.

Welcome! I was a member of IMDB for 11 years up to the day it was shut down. I went by dteam6 there as well. Good to have you!

Same, I'd love to see a before and after on site traffic.

They claimed the forums were a small percentage of users but I'm not sure if they realize how many more clicks (Ad revenue) they got just from someone posting one message vs looking at one movie then closing the tab.
I've been there three times since it closed and that was just to check a cast list or an episode summary. Nothing else.

When you remove the boards, you realize how...obsolete IMDB is without it. This was a moronic mistake that will sink them....unless, of course, one of those "plans for new 2017 features" includes a reprisal of the forums in some sense. They are basically a hollowed out/redundant site without those boards. Even the frequency of movie reviews seems to have died down on those pages.

Ratings are useless, the trolls use sock accounts to spam 10's or 0's so all the ratings are skewed.

The best way to thank them for nuking the forums is forgetting the site exists.
People already are. The reviews on new movies aren't as abundant as they were before. I mean--what were they thinking? 99% of that site's appeal was the board system. Without them, the site feels naked, incomplete and pointless.