Worst/Most Hated Movie Character(s)

Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Who is a movie character that infuriates you whenever you watch the movie. Not just because they are the villain and do bad things, but because they are annoying, useless, badly written, etc.

(Let's refrain from the obvious low hanging fruit that is Jar Jar Binks please, everyone hates him.)

Tom Green in Charlies Angels. It was a performance that just screamed he was married to the producer.

Tom Green rules!
Not again.

Halloween 3, Temple Of Doom, and now Tom Green?!

I have to return some videotapes...
Anyone Malin Akerman has ever played is annoying.

Mrs. Carmody in The Mist (2007)

I mean, I don't know – would a different actor have helped the character? Was it Wheaton that made him annoying or was Crusher just an unwelcome addition to the cast? I tell you what though, I'd keep him over Troi any day of the week. She was so pointless it stings.

One that really does my fruit in is Logan Marshall-Green in Prometheus. Terrible, shocking casting. I don't know where Ridley Scott was that day – playing golf maybe? Anyway, I've nothing against the actor at all, I'm sure he's good in other things. But to me he was not right in that film as that character.

I mean, I don't know – would a different actor have helped the character? Was it Wheaton that made him annoying or was Crusher just an unwelcome addition to the cast? I tell you what though, I'd keep him over Troi any day of the week. She was so pointless it stings.
I honestly think its a Will Wheaton thing. He put me off in Stand By me too. Troi was good to look at, kind of a repackaged, slicked up version of Uhuras old niche.

I honestly think its a Will Wheaton thing. He put me off in Stand By me too. Troi was good to look at, kind of a repackaged, slicked up version of Uhuras old niche.
That's a good point – she kind of is in Uhura's role as someone that the Captain refers to in tense situations for extra information.

I know this is relegated to movies, but dang, the character of Dr. Smith on Lost in Space annoyed me to know end even when I was a kid!

I really hated the character because it was the same thing with him every single week! His laziness, dishonesty, arrogance or greed would endanger the Robinson family.
I was always on Don's side - just leave Smith behind! Let him be killed (how many times did he try to sacrifice their lives?) And, I thought once Smith was left behind, the show could move on to some real sci-fi adventures rather than these continuous campy formulas: Smith gets family into trouble, family has to rescue Smith even after he sold them out.

I loved Jonathan Harris, but as Smith his effete whining, moaning, complaining and screaming at every possible interval drove me up the freakin' wall!

I know this is relegated to movies, but dang, the character of Dr. Smith on Lost in Space annoyed me to know end even when I was a kid!

I really hated the character because it was the same thing with him every single week! His laziness, dishonesty, arrogance or greed would endanger the Robinson family.
I was always on Don's side - just leave Smith behind! Let him be killed (how many times did he try to sacrifice their lives?) And, I thought once Smith was left behind, the show could move on to some real sci-fi adventures rather than these continuous campy formulas: Smith gets family into trouble, family has to rescue Smith even after he sold them out.

I loved Jonathan Harris, but as Smith his effete whining, moaning, complaining and screaming at every possible interval drove me up the freakin' wall!
I used to watch it when I was a kid but I can't remember it really. I did love Gary Oldman playing the character in the film too. He reminded me a bit of William Hartnell, just as he had in one of the Dracula transformations when he had the long white wig. It's a shame they didn't ask him to play Hartnell in An Adventure in Time and Space because I think he would have been a lot more accurate than David Bradley.

I used to watch it when I was a kid but I can't remember it really. I did love Gary Oldman playing the character in the film too. He reminded me a bit of William Hartnell, just as he had in one of the Dracula transformations when he had the long white wig. It's a shame they didn't ask him to play Hartnell in An Adventure in Time and Space because I think he would have been a lot more accurate than David Bradley.
Yes, the movie Dr. Smith hearkened back to his original incarnation as a murderous saboteur. I think I would've liked the TV show better if they'd kept him this way, adding some real drama, as opposed to turning him into the comic relief damsel in distress.
That movie had such potential, but fell apart with the whole time-travel thing in the second half.