Who should play the "villian" in the Batman Begins sequel?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
WARNING: "Batman Begins" spoilers below
I heard a rumour that Scarecrow will become the Joker in the sequel. I'm quite for the idea.
That's more of a joke than a so-called" spoiler.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
How about these for the newfilms?;
Bat again
Don't look Bat
and finally, Bats your lot folks!!!

Yep, I've been taking the silly pills again, but hey it's Friday, live a little!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

What about Batman legacy and i think christopher walken should play the joker...

Ok, apparently Paul Bettany is rumoured to play him, alongside Crispin Glover and Luke Skywalker.

Originally Posted by The MoFo Movie Blog

More Joker Candidates Surface for Batman 2

Rumors surrounding the role of the Joker have already began surfacing. Originally reported on BatmanOnFilm, Paul Bettany had also been considered for the role in the sequel to Batman Begins, joining along with two other worthy candidates.

Here's what BatmanOnFilm had to say:

"Got a new name to add into the mix for The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel: Paul Bettany. Bettany joins Lachy Hulme and Crispin Glover in the mix to play The Crown Prince of Crime. The same source who passed along Bettany's name informed us that there is "no truth" behind Mark Hamill being up for the role. He also told us that Mr. Hamill is "a little old" for this new take on The Joker. Mr. Hamill is in his mid-fifties I believe."

Now...

According to a source over at AICN, actor Sean Penn may be taking on the role of the infamous Batman villain.

"Over here in Blighty's 'Now' magazine (celebrity tat), there's a potentially interesting story regarding a story that's crept out from the Batman Begins premiere party. According to the reporter, a drunken Christian Bale revealed that Chris Nolan is courting Sean Penn to play the Joker in the next Batman film. However there's still some finessing to do because Sean's apparently unsure about 'taking' his buddy, Jack Nicholson's, role. Could be guff but it's another potential to add to the list."

Sean Penn as the The Joker? Dear God - - - No!!!!!!

Source: BatmanOnFilm, AICN

Posted by jrs on Jun-24, 9:39 pm

Sean Penn considered for The Joker?? What is this world coming to....I think Crispin Glover would play the villain too "weird." If you have seen him in "Charlies Angels", and "Willard", you would know how weird he can be. AND I mean [b][u]WEIRD.
For the title. hmm.... "Batman: April Fools?" "Batman: Laughter Kills"....it would have to incorporate the villain in some way. but, it doesnt have to be.... could be plain "Batman Lives", or "Batman"

I think it's one of the comic titles.
As for a band, I have no idea what the hell you mean....but yes. It is a title for a Batman Comic with an excellent storyline. You nailed it perfectly for Nolan's next Batman venture.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I think Sean Penn would do a good job in that role because I think he is great as over the top characters (as it goes along with his acting style). I was thinking of Geoffry Rush but he is probably too old. I like Monkeypunch's idea of Dennis Leary. I was also thinking of Jack Black, although he doesn't look the way you normally would think of the joker he has got the perfect personality for the role.

Personally I think Denis Leary would be a perfect choice.

In the Beginning...
Someone once said that the next Joker would have to be someone who could match the intensity of Batman onscreen, and I quite agree. That said, it's a shame Willem Dafoe has already played a comic book villain. He would have made an intense, extremely crazy, caged-lion kinda Joker, and that's what I want to see.

Crispin Glover and Adrien Brody are excellent choices, and someone said Sam Rockwell, which I can really picture, too. In keeping with the vain of Batman Begins, the Joker needs to be believable - flamboyant, but not over the top - a more serial killer type.

In the fifth, my ass goes down...
I think Paul Bettany should play the villian, he did such a wonderful job in Gangster No. 1

Here to support the villians.......
Sam Rockwell would be a good choice in my opinion, although I think Christopher Eccleston(Dr Who) would be a good choice. Sean Penn?, can't see it, but you never know. Who ever gets it will never be in the same league as Jack Nicholson, he was the joker

In the fifth, my ass goes down...
I know what you mean. His face was shaped like the joker's. Plus he's got that really weird smile.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
Sam Rockwell would be a good choice in my opinion, although I think Christopher Eccleston(Dr Who) would be a good choice. Sean Penn?, can't see it, but you never know. Who ever gets it will never be in the same league as Jack Nicholson, he was the joker
I tend to agree with you on the obvious comparison that will be made to Nicholson, but I think Nolan will re-invent the Joker the same way he has done with Bruce Wayne/Batman. I expect to see a less cartoonish version of the Joker, and perhaps Nolan will focus more on the sadistic side of the character.
Whoever takes the role on, has to make it his own version of the Joker, I like the duality that Sam Rockwell could bring to the role, but I think Chris Eccleston is not a big enough name. Perhaps Nolan will go for a younger unknown actor. It's a shame Cillian Murphy can't be considered, I thought he was great in Batman Begins, would like to have seen his character more fully developed though.