New DVDs

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

Originally Posted by Tacitus

OK, I've bought this against my initial better judgement (I'll blame The Dark Side) but it was a limited edition gold sleeve - limited for the UK anyways as apparently the gold sleeve versions in the US are pan-and-scan, this one's widescreen. I had some vouchers for the store so didn't end up paying too much.

That's enough excuses, I guess I'll have to watch the thing now.
Hm. I almost fell over when I saw the gold sleeve. I thought you bought the fullscreen one.

Was it more expensive than the one with the silver sleeve?

not the Star Wars trilogy (of course)

This week I got
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Super-Size Me
I'm Not Scared
Un Flic
El Topo
Prozac Nation
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Im going get this when it becomes cheaper, BestBuys & CircuitCitys is charging 19.99 which to me is way too much for a single disc dvd with a few good features. I doubt theirs going be a Special Edition, but im hoping.

How much you get yours for Holden?

Originally Posted by Zzat
Im going get this when it becomes cheaper, BestBuys & CircuitCitys is charging 19.99 which to me is way too much for a single disc dvd with a few good features. I doubt theirs going be a Special Edition, but im hoping.

How much you get yours for Holden?
$20.

But didn't you rent it? That means you spent four or five bucks on it already. Now if you buy it for fifteen, you're right back up at the same price. Plus you'll have to wait.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
$20.

But didn't you rent it? That means you spent four or five bucks on it already. Now if you buy it for fifteen, you're right back up at the same price. Plus you'll have to wait.
Yea my rental is 3.79 and if i return it the next day i get a dollar off any rental i want, but thats only for new releases. Before i rented a few new releases and return them the next day so i got $4 and so i got a free rental.

But i always thought of it that way when i rented movies.

Originally Posted by nebbit
Hey nebbit, nice smilies. Where did you get them from. Smiley Central?

As for me I recently bought:

Originally Posted by Escape
Hey nebbit, nice smilies. Where did you get them from. Smiley Central?
I don't think it was, I can't remember, I have a few places I go to.

Wow i just found out they changed the Cover for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The first one looks way better then the second.

(DVD Cover Art 1)

(DVD Cover Art 2)

Originally Posted by nebbit
I don't think it was, I can't remember, I have a few places I go to.
Would it be too much to ask you to name a few of the places?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Bubba Ho-Tep..... I LOVE this film.
I agree, and it's finally getting a cinema release date over here.

Resident Metro-Sexual
Didn't think I would get these today, but i guess thats what a credit card is for.