Best anyone has ever looked in a movie

Tools    

Actually the French woman Madeleine Lebeau who sang the La Marseillaise in Casablanca is the best looking I've ever seen her...and the only time I ever seen her.
I agree. And wow, does does her looks put me in mind of another actress, but I can't think of who! Martha Vickers? Not Bette Davis. Arrgh. Any suggestions?

I agree. And wow, does does her looks put me in mind of another actress, but I can't think of who! Martha Vickers? Not Bette Davis. Arrgh. Any suggestions?
She does look like Martha Vickers. She has a very modern looking hairstyle too. It doesn't look like the 1940s hair-do more like the late 1980s or 1990s.

Maybe it's Jane Wyatt...

Actually the French woman Madeleine Lebeau who sang the La Marseillaise in Casablanca is the best looking I've ever seen her...and the only time I ever seen her.
Lebeau is one of the characters that had connections to actual events that are parallel to the movie. Her husband was Jewish and they managed to obtain transit visas, fled Paris before the Nazis got there, got swindled with fake exit visas to South America and by some tortured path, including being stranded on a ship, got to the US via Canada and Mexico. It lends some credibility to her emotional state as a movie character as well as the plot of the movie.

Ah geez, it's Barbara Stanwyck I was thinking of. Especially the eyes, and less so the nose. Here's a quick screen grab:

It's noteworthy that a lot our answers here feature the actor when they were basically at their youngest on-screen (e.g., Cameron Diaz in The Mask). Not surprising. I recall Zadie Smith remarking in an interview once that "youth is beauty."

That stated, there are some interesting cases of women becoming most beautiful just before they lose their bloom. And there are some men who need time to grow into their middle-aged faces/bodies to look their best (Arnold Schwarzenegger, for a cheap example, probably looked his best in his 30s and 40s after having spent decades really sculpting his "look". At any rate, I think the cases were we find that we're not just looking at actors at their youngest are probably the most interesting cases.

It's noteworthy that a lot our answers here feature the actor when they were basically at their youngest on-screen (e.g., Cameron Diaz in The Mask). Not surprising. I recall Zadie Smith remarking in an interview once that "youth is beauty."

That stated, there are some interesting cases of women becoming most beautiful just before they lose their bloom. And there are some men who need time to grow into their middle-aged faces/bodies to look their best (Arnold Schwarzenegger, for a cheap example, probably looked his best in his 30s and 40s after having spent decades really sculpting his "look". At any rate, I think the cases were we find that we're not just looking at actors at their youngest are probably the most interesting cases.
Arnold just lost the 70's hair (after Pumping Iron, Hercules in New York and The Villain... and that's all it took).