What Oscar winning actors...

Tools    

Colin Firth

I think if either of them decide to seek out 'that role' in the next 10 or 20 years, Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock could pull in another one. Hilary Swank could do it again, as well.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I wish Swank could grab another big role, but I don't know if she ever will. I don't see Bullock getting one for Gravity, but you never know.

I don't see Bullock getting one for Gravity, but you never know.
I doubt that Bullock will get anything for Gravity, but that's not the kind of role I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 'brave middle aged woman' role. That or the other end of the spectrum, the man-eating, witty bitch.

As far as women I think Bullock stands a great chance for Gravity she was pretty awesome in it. She had to tone down her natural charisma. But if I was going off sheer potential you have to go with Lawrence. She has been nominated twice and won one before she was 23 years old. Plus all the years she has left and no shortage of juicy roles coming her way.

For the men. Heath Ledger. Umm but really how about Daniel Day Lewis. He only picks oscar bait and only does 1 movie every 5 years or so. Plus the Academy has a hard on for him.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Umm but really how about Daniel Day Lewis. He only picks oscar bait and only does 1 movie every 5 years or so. Plus the Academy has a hard on for him.
You make it sound so cynical... Hollywood is magic!

Lord High Filmquisitor
Jennifer Lawrence, Daniel Day-Lewis and Meryl Streep immediately come to my mind. Tom Hanks and Charlize Theron also come to mind, but they strike me as needing a more exceptional role to bring home another Oscar (although Captain Phillips gives me hope for Hanks this year).

Tom Hanks
Hillary Swank

I would say Sean Pen, he seems to be unable to choose a bad movie, or at least one where he can't display his skills

Lord High Filmquisitor
I would say Sean Pen, he seems to be unable to choose a bad movie, or at least one where he can't display his skills
While I love Sean Penn, and agree about his future Oscar chances, I personally found I Am Sam to be pretty intolerable, both as entertainment and as a portrayal of a man with a cognitive disability.

While I love Sean Penn, and agree about his future Oscar chances, I personally found I Am Sam to be pretty intolerable, both as entertainment and as a portrayal of a man with a cognitive disability.
agreed I must say, however it received the wanted attention and that's what Mr Penn never fails to find, whether it is good or not. I've recently seen Mystic River again, and I remembered all others where he just stood out like Milk, 21 grams, This Must be the Place...

When it comes to women Jennifer Lawrence and Meril Streep are the obvious answer. I think Natalie Portman and Reese Whiterspoon have a good chance if they get to do something with more heat to it (let's be honest - politics). But I am hoping that Kate Winslet would do one more good role for an Oscar.

As it comes to men I am suprise that no one said Adrien Browdy. He is still young good actor and he is actually working on some main stream movies from time to time. The academy loves Lewis (next two or three films he is getting some more gold).

I would agree regarding Portman, not so sure about Witherspoon...I don't think Witherspoon deserved the one she won and I have a hard time seeing her offered anymore Oscar-bait roles anymore.