Movies you loved but everyone else hated?

Tools    

This is the list I like that people may not like

Last Action Hero

Paycheck

Duplex

Get rich or die trying

"everyone hated" is misleading. I would say "most people hated". Here is my movies I think most people hate.

Pleasantville (1998)
Timeline (2003)
Contact (1997)

Adapting a popular novelization is always tricky business, and while the casting in some cases didnt match up that well at all, Imo the chemistry between Zahn and McConahay worked for me.

I like that movie. Good thing I did not read the book. I think many people like that movie.

Hell yes it is good, apparantly reviews and people say it was corny and boring... untrue in my words.

Manos: The Hands of Fate

Translating into "Hands: The Hands of Fate", Manos is often seen at the top of many "Worst Films" lists. This doesn't faze me however because I think the film is rather entertaining overall, and provides countless viewings of fun tearing into it's wafer thin fabric. Hated by many, but adored by me.

I heard Tarantino owns one of the original prints to the film... I detest this notion... for the sole reason:

It belongs in a museum!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

It belongs in a museum!
This made me laugh.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

"everyone hated" is misleading. I would say "most people hated". Here is my movies I think most people hate.

Pleasantville (1998)
Timeline (2003)
Contact (1997)
Who are all these people who hate Pleasantville? I don't doubt that there are people who do, but I can't remember ever hearing anything but good/great things about that film. I really liked it, though I've only seen it twice.

Semper Fooey
I got the VHS of that from the 99 Cents Store. If it didn't have some nudity in it I would have demanded my money back.

I didn't find the trailer of Cop Out interesting.
But I just came to know it was directed by Kevin Smith.
All the more reason not to watch it.

I loved The Last Airbender and mostly everyone else hated it...

The Lord of the Rings

Death to Smoochy

Absolutely one of my all-time favorite comedies - I even quote it in everyday conversation (with friends who have seen it and liked it) - yet so many people say it's crap.
One of my favorite comedies as well, hilarious. I don't think people get it, it is a black comedy. Look at the actors in it: Norton, Williams, Keener, DeVito. Danny DeVito directed Death to Smoochy with the same dark comedy sense of War of the Roses, which was also a great movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Deja Vu has to be added to the mix as well. Sure, the story is a little bit out there. But I really think it is a well done movie with solid acting and really it all comes together well.

You are what you do
Bruno was the one movie I can think that I thought was hillarious but everyone I know hated. People couldn't handle how much male nudity there was in it but if you looked past that you would see just how funny Sacha Cohen really is.

I loved The Last Airbender and mostly everyone else hated it...

Why did you think The Last Airbender good?

Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett.

Matt