2. Horror Movies
As long as they're done well

3. Romantic Movies
Nope, not my thing... at all

4. Historical Movies
Depends on how close accurate they are

5. Science Fiction
Absolutely

A few things you've missed though are drama, action-drama, drama-action, and most sci-fi would be covered by action too... I mean what's a sci-fi without a lump of action thrown in?... so action-sci-fi and sci-fi-action are my thing.

There's a few sub genres as well... drama-sci-fi, horror-sci-fi and so on.

Sci-fi and action are pretty much my thing really... I can give a rounded review on anything but those two and the combinations of those two are my forte/fortay/forteeeeeeee.

What types of movies you like?

1. Action Movies

It depends, like the expendables...you would have to pay me to see it.

2. Horror Movies

Not a big fan. It's mainly for 18-25 years olds!

3. Romantic Movies

I'm a romantic at heart, eventhough some people may disagree..lol!

4. Historical Movies

Yeah, I like them.

5. Science Fiction

I really depends, as some are just crap.

Please write your opinion

Crime and drama movies are my favorite genres.
I'm not into romance because it's too banal (or I haven't seen great romances movies yet)
I don't like horror movies as well,they all scare me and I like to relax,not to be frightened.
I don't like sci-fi,I don't know why,it just bores me.
Historical films and biopics are good,too,although I haven't seen much of them.
I'm not sure about action movies,I usually like them if they are mixed with fantasy or adventure (like Indiana Jones or LOTR)

1. Action Movies
As long as they aren't totally mindless.

2. Horror Movies
Usually. This is one of my favorite genres.

3. Romantic Movies
On occasion, but it's far from my favorite genre. A few all-time favorites fall under this category, though.

4. Historical Movies
Depends on the time period; some pique my interest more than others.

5. Science Fiction
Same for action, but this is definitely one of my favorite genres.

I. Horror: I like watching horror films, poorly reviewed or pg-13 teen crap, it doesn't matter, I'll watch it anyways. Sometimes I do have enough sense to stay away from dvd releases though.

II. Thriller/Mystery: Another genre I'll often watch more and more, regardless of average or poor reviews esp. if like the actor.

III. Well reviewed films in any genre I'll watch drama, sci-fi, comedy, anything, if it is well review or even if it is somekind of popular smash hit everyone's talking about, I'll watch it just to see what's up with all the hoopla.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
1. Action.
In any form, I'll enjoy it.

2. Horror.
Not a big fan, I don't find many effective.

3. Romantic.
I have a soft spot for rom-coms, but straight-up romantic dramas fail to interest me.

4. Historical.
They're all pretty much the same.

5. Science Fiction.
Like a few films from this genre, but still not a huge fan.

I'll give any movie a chance regardless of genre if it looks well-made, but I have a deep affection for horror.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

www.facebook.com/pages/Pinion-Movie-Reviews/203227366426310
I'd say I like all kinds of movies.

1) Comedy - probably my go to
2) Action - I really like super hero movies like Dark Knight and the Avengers films.
3) Science Fiction - I like Harry Potter movies but I don't really watch much others besides that.

I'll watch romantic movies only for my review page on facebook but not for my own enjoyment. And I NEVER watch horror movies. They never seem to be scary and I just don't get anything out of them. I will watch historical movies like Malcom X and J. Edgar but only the ones that interest me.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Here are mine. Movie examples are in no particular order.

1) Science Fiction - my go-to genre if I hear good things about it. ex: The Matrix, Star Wars, District 9, Avatar, Serenity, Starship Troopers, Blade Runner

2) Action - name speaks for itself. Superhero films also fall in this category. ex: Die Hard, The Dark Knight, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man

3) Dramatic comedy - Both serious and funny stuff. ex: Pulp Fiction, Raising Arizona, Pirates of the Caribbean, E.T.

4) Suspense - A movie that keeps me at the edge of my seat. ex: Fracture, The Sixth Sense, Face/Off, The Hunger Games, No Country for Old Men, The Mothman Prophecies

5) Fantasy - Films that have that swords & sorcery link to it. ex: The Lord of the Rings, The Princess Bride, Willow, Chronicles of Narnia, Princess Mononoke

I don't really prefer comedies unless I start laughing right off the bat. I also don't like horror films that much (they don't scare me).

Anything that is interesting and well done.
If the first 15 minutes don't do it for me, I just scrap it and don't bother wasting more time. Too many movies out there and I want to see so many of them. Subject matter is important, director, actor, even writer.
I have a criminal mind and think of my self as a warrior so naturaly those movies I screen first. I found a very good site to preview them and based on the preview, I will proceed or not to watch the movie.
I like certain foreign movies: French ( mostly crime and war, Luc Beson ), Korean ( can be anything; they are mostly unpredictable with sad endings ) Japanese ( Takeshi Miike and Takeshi Kiatano, Kurosawa, Yakuza movies. Most of their new stuff seems a little disconnected from my way of thinking) Chinese ( historical battles, gangsters ) Thai ( Muay Thai, gangster ) British ( dirctors like Guy Ritchie, actors like Ben Kingsley ).
American: by Scorcese, Eastwood, Coppola, Tarantino, Spielberg.
I can watch anything that has a good story line, good directing, good acting and/or good action. I love intelligent comedies as opposed to slapstic ( As Good As It Gets, Tin Men, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Old School, Something about Mary , Anger Management etc. )
Realistic horror like Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer.
The list goes on. After women and food, MMA, sports and fitness, bring on the movies, visual Umami - the sixth sense.

I love sci-fiction best. then romance, action movie, comedy, etc.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'll give any movie a chance regardless of genre if it looks well-made
Same here.
I mean what's a sci-fi without a lump of action thrown in?
Stalker, Solaris, Pisma myortvogo cheloveka, Posetitel muzeya, Gadkie lebedi, 2046, Golem. Still think that sci-fi needs action?

Stalker, Solaris, Pisma myortvogo cheloveka, Posetitel muzeya, Gadkie lebedi, 2046, Golem. Still think that sci-fi needs action?
Yes

They're not bad movies for sure but sci-fi really needs at least a hit of action at some point, otherwise it becomes just too much like a wannabe mockumentary... kind of philosphical fakery of where mankind might go one day.

Take Solaris as you mentioned... they could have set it on Earth, with no sci-fi stuff and set it in modern day.
It didn't need the sci-fi setting, simply because it's just another quiet mystery movie with a hint of dodgy romance.
Golem is similar.
I wouldn't class 2046 as sci-fi though... it has some small hits of sciencey stuff, but not enough to class it in the sci-fi genre.

There are one or two sci-fi movies that work brilliantly without lashings of action scenes, but not many.
Most of them were written years ago by the Masters of Sci-Fi and were actually written to be the way they are. Asimov's The Bicentennial Man that was made into a movie in 1999, Arthur C Clarke's The Sentinel turned into the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey in 1968... they're both decent films due to the way they were written and the elements involved in the story...

... the rest of them are simply mystery or romance or both that could have been made without the sci-fi setting.

The sci-fi genre goes hand in hand with action and exciting cinematic scenes, without including some loud proud fun they may as well have just set it in this time without any sciencey stuff.

sci-fi really needs at least a hit of action at some point, otherwise it becomes just too much like a wannabe mockumentary... kind of philosphical fakery of where mankind might go one day.
I don't understand your rationale. How does having action and exciting cinematic scenes make a sci-fi movie more scientific and less untrustworthy?

No, what I'm saying is most non action sci-fi comes off as a hustle. There are a few, as I said that work, simply because they were written that way... all the others are simply romance or mystery that didn't need the gimmick of being in the sci-fi setting.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
They're not bad movies for sure but sci-fi really needs at least a hit of action at some point, otherwise it becomes just too much like a wannabe mockumentary... kind of philosphical fakery of where mankind might go one day.
Well, I do like philosophical themes in sci-fi movies and neither think I they are fake nor unnecessary. If you'd ask me, I'd like to watch highly psychologically philosophical sci-fi than a mix between sci-fi themes and action. Moreover, I think that philosophy is a good direction for sci-fi films. You've said that the majority of philosophical sci-fi movies could have place in our real world, but it's not as easy as it seems. Some of sci-fi movies use another galaxies/planets or a space in general to portray something like condition of humanity etc. A wide use of metaphors can be found in these. Also, I hope that you referred to Tarkowski's Solaris and you do know that it's based upon Lem's book.

Gonna have to say, real sci-fi doesn't need anything other than rational speculation on the limits of possibility. It doesn't need action any more than it needs a love story.