Happy Gilmore 2

Tools    

It’s in the works!

Excited for this!

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/h...235949636/amp/
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Thank goodness at least this time, it won't be shown in theaters

Oooh...I don't know how I feel about this.

Happy Gilmore is the best kind of stupid. It hit me in the right spot in a way that so many similarly ridiculous films didn't/couldn't. Whether there should be another, I have no idea.

The truth is in here
"Fans demand it, dammit!"

Not this fan. I'm ****ing sick to death of unnecessary late sequels. The original Happy Gilmore is great and one of Sandler's best comedies, so the thought of following it up with a most likely inferior follow-up makes me bitter to say the least.

"Fans demand it, dammit!"

Not this fan. I'm ****ing sick to death of unnecessary late sequels. The original Happy Gilmore is great and one of Sandler's best comedies, so the thought of following it up with a most likely inferior follow-up makes me bitter to say the least.
I agree with you about unnecessary sequels to classic comedies that are inferior to the originals. Dumb and Dumber To and Coming 2 America come to mind.

But I’m going to give this one a chance.

I just dont want this to be a some kind of trend Sandler entertains, like revisiting Billy Madison then Little Nicky, etc. It seems like this could only tarnish the legacy and not improve it.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I’m all for it. Let the Sandman eat. He deserves it.

We were in high school when Sandlomania started. SNL, the albums. He is apparently one of the most genuine people ever, even though he’s a billionaire.

Won’t change my past. You can do it!

I just dont want this to be a some kind of trend Sandler entertains, like revisiting Billy Madison then Little Nicky, etc. It seems like this could only tarnish the legacy and not improve it.

I don't know I like the idea of Airheads return with Buscemi, Frasier, and Sandler...you would have to explain what the Lone Ranger is to the kids today though.