Smoker's Lounge

Tools    

I notice there's a lack of a smoking on this board.

Rather it be cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, or the ickiest of the stickiest. What do you like to smoke?

Personally, I stick to cigars and pipe tobacco. I usually like to read while I smoke a cigar and I like to write when I smoke pipe tobacco. A cigar is more of a reflective, take my time, kind of smoke. I find I'm more of an aggressive pipe smoker.

I also enjoy paring different craft beers to cigar flavors. I just started pairing coffee and pipe tobacco, so my mornings will be more packed full of flavor.

This evening, I plan on enjoying an Ambrosia Mother Earth Cigar. I finally got a copy of Jack Shadoian's Dreams and Dead Ends: The American Gangster Film , which I'll start accompanied by the smooth flavor of Mother Earth.

I was Best Man at my brother's wedding and he said to put all my purchases on his room... so I smoked the hotel's entire stock of cigars in one afternoon
Was something like £150 worth just on cigars.

I was thinking of getting into pipe tobacco... there's a great little tobacconist nearby too that sells pipes and the baccy as well.
At the moment though, I smoke Gold Leaf baccy rollies.
Best alternative to Golden Virginia baccy as that stuff has gone to almost £20 a pack.

I'm a heavy smoker these days tbh... I should cut down but, well, I like it.

Best time for a rolly... just after a meal, or with a pint. Sadly, smoking is banned in pubs now.

I was Best Man at my brother's wedding and he said to put all my purchases on his room... so I smoked the hotel's entire stock of cigars in one afternoon
Was something like £150 worth just on cigars.

I was thinking of getting into pipe tobacco... there's a great little tobacconist nearby too that sells pipes and the baccy as well.
At the moment though, I smoke Gold Leaf baccy rollies.
Best alternative to Golden Virginia baccy as that stuff has gone to almost £20 a pack.
Daaaaamn, hats off to you. I don't know if I can marathon cigars like that!

I would suggest getting into pipe tobacco. After you buy a pipe, I find that it's the most economical smoke.

I'm a heavy smoker these days tbh... I should cut down but, well, I like it.

Best time for a rolly... just after a meal, or with a pint. Sadly, smoking is banned in pubs now.
Yea, that's just starting to happen in Louisiana bars; smoking in restaurants has been banned for about 10 years now. I hate it now that you can't smoke at any bar in the French Quarter. Like that place was built on good decision making.

Problem with a pipe though is the mess... I knew a guy who smoked a pipe and he was always covered in ash. Hands, trousers, coat sleeves... he always looked as though he'd just crawled out of a chimney.

Problem with a pipe though is the mess... I knew a guy who smoked a pipe and he was always covered in ash. Hands, trousers, coat sleeves... he always looked as though he'd just crawled out of a chimney.
Nah, you gotta know how to pack it. Pipe smoking is an art. If you pack it too loose, you'll get ash and **** everywhere. You pack it too tight, you won't get a draft. I've gotten more ash on me from it falling off my cigar than I have from my pipe.

Ah, I should have said it was from when he'd finished smoking the thing and he would empty the pipe of the spent tobacco.
Ash everywhere.
He'd also then just stick the pipe in his pocket, so he always had ash all over his trousers as well.

Ah, I should have said it was from when he'd finished smoking the thing and he would empty the pipe of the spent tobacco.
Ash everywhere.
He'd also then just stick the pipe in his pocket, so he always had ash all over his trousers as well.
Yea, that part can get messy if you're not careful.

But if you smoke your entire bowl, you shouldn't have that much trouble getting it out.

I have this tool on my key ring that helps pack the bowl and scoop out the ash. Big help.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Do either of you have a smoking jacket?

smokin, but I dont understand why someone would have a jacket just to smoke in.

It would stop the smell of smoke from getting on your clothes.

I would love one, but my fiance' would kill me if I smoked in the house. So since I'm smoking outside, it kind of defeats the purpose. I probably wouldn't wear one to a bar (or should I?)

That goes back to what I was saying about a smoke after a meal.

Back in the olden days, a gentleman would have his dinner brought to him by either the wifey or by Smithers the servant... or failing that in the gentleman's club... then he would put his silk or velvet comfortable coat on, and sit with the other gents and smoke while drinking brandy.
Usually by the fire, while talking about politics or business, or the day's sports.

You know, all the things that are out of a woman's understanding.

I like gangland's explanation much better, rattus. I double repped him.

Oh, easy way to put it... the posh toffs in Titanic... when Rose says to Jack "they're all going to sit and talk and drink brandy and congratulate each other on being Masters Of The Universe"

That's the kind of after-dinner situation a smoking jacket was used for.

Have to go to a dentist apt. Back anon to ask more about secret men's business. ��

I forgot to return. I blame the nitrous.

So secret men's business - any of you lads into chewing tobacco or betel? What's the appeal?

The most loathsome of all goblins
I have a Peterson pipe and various corn-cobs, love me some tobacco after a good meal. My main brand is Frog Morton's. Here's a pic of my pipe:

I also smoke cannabis but I've put the kibosh on that while I search for a job. Whiskey does the job just fine for now

Oh I have another secret men's business question. Blowing cigar smoke into a brandy snifter. What does that do?

I have a Peterson pipe and various corn-cobs, love me some tobacco after a good meal. My main brand is Frog Morton's. Here's a pic of my pipe:

I also smoke cannabis but I've put the kibosh on that while I search for a job. Whiskey does the job just fine for now

Noice, Blix the Goblin! I have a Petersen myself, a few Dr. Grawboys, and an Italian pipe whose name forget off hand. But I love my Peterson calabash. There's a tobacco store in New Orleans called the Tinder Box, their Wilshire tobacco is my favorite pipe tobacco.

Sorry to hear about you looking for a job, hope you find one soon!