The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
There's nothing really incredible about it but the romance between Rosenfeld and Jane Adams is instant joy.

Between this and Get Out, I'm convinced that Seyfried's boyfriend (I forget his name) is Brad Dourif's premature reincarnation.

Dougie Jones...

... if he hasn't stolen you heart, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Anyways, Gordon's drawing... huh? Anyone more versed in the show than me have a clue?

Rebekah Del Rio may be my favorite closing performance yet.

Unregistered User
Is how weird Episode 3 was a problem? For the record Episodes 4-7 are pretty normal; normal for Lynch at least. There's a lot of humour in them and it cuts down on the surrealism somewhat before jumping both feet into crazy town in Episode 8. Think 4-7 might help get you in the right mood for it so i wouldn't give up yet.

Going to try and see Episode 9 tonight.

Yeah. I can do weird but as long as its entertaining. I'm going to get back into it.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Well this weeks episode was certainly an interesting one...I have to kind of hold my judgement of each episode for a while since episode 8 literally blew my mind...(SPOILERS from here on in! yer've been warned!!!!!) It was nice to have confirmation that Richard Horne is indeed Audreys son, it was also good to see the twist with Chad and the letter (And it kind of explains the shiftiness that went on in the previous episode) Dougie was as awesome as ever and my speculation is that over the next few episodes him and Janey will grow closer together, the mafia/richard/doppelcoop will then take Janey out and that will snap Dougie back into Dale (As he's previously lost a love in "Caroline") I've also heard some interesting stuff about how Albert may not be around for much longer (What with that weird Laura message Cole saw when he answered the door) It wasnt exactly a weird episode (These last two weeks have been a bit slower paced) But I'm genuinely interested to see where the series goes from here

I'm starting to think Mädchen Amick is the real acting powerhouse of the season. So far, she's been golden.

I really loved the standout lighting and photography in the last ep. Other than that, my thoughts are pretty analogous to most of the other eps: comedy, horror, surrealism, etc. are all on point. I'm getting so wrapped up in it now. The anticipation is making normal media seem stale for me.

WARNING: "Ep11" spoilers below
I think childlike Coop is gonna be with us for pretty much the rest of the season. The anticipation of him 'waking up' seems to be the focal point of the show (like Laura Palmer's murder revelation was in the original series). In that regard, I think they don't want to fall into the season 2 trap wherein the focal point is resolved way too early.

Harry Dean Stanton summoning the Volkswagen with a huge whistle was hilarious. "He's dead" was good too, if not a little forced. The honking lady was another random series highlight for me.

As far as last week's episode, my highlight was
WARNING: spoilers below
Dougie's face as Janey-E straddled him and rogered him roundly. And his hands and arms flopping up and down on the sides of the bed.

I'm with re93animator in that I believe
innocent Dougie is going to be with the show for the rest of the season. He's just too entertaining for Lynch to bring back normal Dale Cooper, as much as I love normal Dale Cooper.

It's so much fun when
he accidentally does the exact right thing at the right moment to make something big happen, without his actually knowing it. It kind of reminds me of the Chance Gardener character in Being There, although Chance wasn't as clueless as Dougie is, IMO. Still, certain things seem to register with Dougie/Real Cooper, like tonight his head raising up as the pianist played a certain tune, like Dougie/Cooper recognized it. Kind of like his immediate recognition of coffee, and his remembering the phrase "Damn fine," whether it be coffee or something else.

As for the other stuff,
the vortex that Gordon saw, the fact that they knew that the homeless men/killer phantoms were maybe located around that house, and when the one took off the top of Hastings' head...I'm not even trying to figure out where this is going, if anywhere. Lynch likes for us to figure it out ourselves but I wish he wouldn't make it so damn obscure! Still, I'm staying for the humor, like, as re93animator said, the line "He's dead!" was fun. If Miguel Ferrer can't have the comic award for the episode, I've fine with Gordon getting it.
I'll stick with the show, wherever it goes.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
I really loved the standout lighting and photography in the last ep. Other than that, my thoughts are pretty analogous to most of the other eps: comedy, horror, surrealism, etc. are all on point. I'm getting so wrapped up in it now. The anticipation is making normal media seem stale for me.

I think childlike Coop is gonna be with us for pretty much the rest of the season. The anticipation of him 'waking up' seems to be the focal point of the show (like Laura Palmer's murder revelation was in the original series). In that regard, I think they don't want to fall into the season 2 trap wherein the focal point is resolved way too early.

Harry Dean Stanton summoning the Volkswagen with a huge whistle was hilarious. "He's dead" was good too, if not a little forced. The honking lady was another random series highlight for me.
This all of the this!!!

I also loved the whole "Cherry Pie" thing...I genuinely thought we were going to see him snap out at the end of this weeks episode it was such a gorgeous set of shots when the Piano started playing a different tune. absolutely brilliant...also I wondered where Soundgardens black hole had got too

I was pretty disappointed in Ep 12's narrative.
WARNING: "E12" spoilers below

Of course, the Audrey thing sticks out. I can't help but think that her introduction this late into the show was strategic though. I'm guessing something big is happening with her soon?

Crazy Sarah Palmer was so good. I hope we see more of her. Reminds me a bit of my aunt.

Coop's small bit was funny, Diane's subplot had the most intrigue for me, and I love Gordon & Albert's chemistry.

Even though it's funny, the thing that really tries my patience is
when a character says something major to another and then waits for a reaction, and they just stare at each other and stare at each other, etc. etc. Specifically the scene between Gordon and Albert near the end of the show. And the slowwwwwness of the French lady getting out of the room at Gordon's request. If she wasn't so hot, I would have been really irritated.

So, they're bringing in
UFOs into the narrative huh? Interesting. I wish they would bring Mulder and Scully into an episode somehow. Would be a nice crossover.

And
Audrey is back? Huh? I thought someone had referred to her early in the season and the "tragic events" surrounding the bank. You know, from the 2nd series finale of the original Twin Peaks, where Audrey had a bomb strapped to her, or near her? I forget exactly what, but didn't the bomb go off? And all of a sudden her she is. Oh, well.
It's David Lynch. Why question it?

And
Audrey is back? Huh? I thought someone had referred to her early in the season and the "tragic events" surrounding the bank. You know, from the 2nd series finale of the original Twin Peaks, where Audrey had a bomb strapped to her, or near her? I forget exactly what, but didn't the bomb go off? And all of a sudden her she is. Oh, well.
It's David Lynch. Why question it?
I think it was a pretty dumb cliffhanger, and seems a little too cartoony to incorporate it much into the new eps. It seems like they're passively acknowledging it, but I doubt it'll be harped on much.

The French lady bit was one of this week's highlights for me. It just fits in with the deadpan absurdity of the show, and I love Albert's stoic impatience with Gordon. Miguel Ferrer is one of my favorites this season. Him and Lynch have so much chemistry, it's a wonder they weren't more frequent collaborators.

So, they're bringing in
UFOs into the narrative huh? Interesting. I wish they would bring Mulder and Scully into an episode somehow. Would be a nice crossover.
Denise probably wouldn't like that.

I think it was a pretty dumb cliffhanger, and seems a little too cartoony to incorporate it much into the new eps. It seems like they're passively acknowledging it, but I doubt it'll be harped on much.

)
I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that its apparently stated in the book that Pete and Andrew were both killed in the explosion, but that Pete saved Audrey's life by throwing himself in front of her and thus taking the brunt of the explosion.

I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that its apparently stated in the book that Pete and Andrew were both killed in the explosion, but that Pete saved Audrey's life by throwing himself in front of her and thus taking the brunt of the explosion.
Interesting. I reeeally want to read the book (if you're referring to Secret History...). I'm holding off until after this season though.

Denise probably wouldn't like that.
That would make it perfect! Use the old split-screen effect (although they'd probably use CGI I'd like to see Lynch use old effects) and have them in the same scenes together.

It just fits in with the deadpan absurdity of the show, and I love Albert's stoic impatience with Gordon. Miguel Ferrer is one of my favorites this season. Him and Lynch have so much chemistry, it's a wonder they weren't more frequent collaborators.
Well, it's true, if it had been anybody else but Lynch and Ferrer I probably would have switched the channel. It is deadpan for sure, but I wish there had been a few words thrown in for good measure. It's sad that Lynch won't get the chance to work with Ferrer again, as we lost Miguel this year. Of all the deaths this year, his was one of the hardest to take.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, she's been possessed by that evil Cheshire Cat for years. Who knew that Andy would know more about what's going on than almost anyone?

Well, she's been possessed by that evil Cheshire Cat for years. Who knew that Andy would know more about what's going on than almost anyone?
Has she really? And yeah, Andy is definitely aware now although I think he was very unaware before he got
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
sucked in.

P.s. Did you notice the
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
hand inside of her face had a grey ring finger while the others were white? Remember Cole talking to agent Preston about the ring finger being the spiritual mound in ep. 7 while on the plane?

I wonder what that is all about.