The Baker's Dozen Movie Game Thread

Tools    

13 movies that are loosely based on a true story (Mention the true story, person, and/or event it is loosely based on)

1. F.I.S.T. (The Teamsters' Union and Jimmy Hoffa)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
13 movies that are loosely based on a true story (Mention the true story, person, and/or event it is loosely based on)

2. The Exorcist (Mt. Rainier boy held in Devil's grip)

3. The Imitation Game (2014) (Alan Turing and the cracking of the German Enigma code during WW2)

I forgot the opening line.

3. The Imitation Game (2014) (Alan Turing and the cracking of the German Enigma code during WW2)
4. Midnight Express (1978) (Billy Hayes - escaping Turkish prison after attempting to smuggle hashish)

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Welcome to the human race...

4. Midnight Express (1978) (Billy Hayes - escaping Turkish prison after attempting to smuggle hashish)
5. Rock Star (inspired by Tim "Ripper" Owens replacing Rob Halford in Judas Priest)

(I interpreted "loosely based" to mean it doesn't have to literally be about the people/events that inspired it, figured that would make it more interesting to pick titles that weren't just ordinary biopics)

5. Rock Star (inspired by Tim "Ripper" Owens replacing Rob Halford in Judas Priest)
6. Molly's Game (2017) (Molly Bloom, olympic skier and illegal poker game organizer)

6. Molly's Game (2017) (Molly Bloom, olympic skier and illegal poker game organizer)
7. The Host (2006) (A U.S. Army officer dumped several bottles of formaldehyde in the Han River, which caused deformities in the fish)

Welcome to the human race...

7. The Host (2006) (A U.S. Army officer dumped several bottles of formaldehyde in the Han River, which caused deformities in the fish)
8. Elephant (inspired by the Columbine High shooting)

9. 8 Mile (Marshall Mathers' life story)

10. Titanic

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

10. Titanic
11. The Perfect Storm (sinking of the Andrea Gail)

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

10. Titanic
12. The Conjuring (series) (draws inspiration from the lives of Ed and Lorraine Warren)

10. Titanic
12. The Conjuring (series) (draws inspiration from the lives of Ed and Lorraine Warren)
13. Escape from Alcatraz

13 scenes in films that pay homage (or are otherwise based on) scenes in previous films

1. Requiem for a Dream - bathtub scene in Perfect Blue

13 scenes in films that pay homage (or are otherwise based on) scenes in previous films

2. The Untouchables - Odessa Steps scene in Battleship Potemkin

3. Hot Fuzz - Point Break

4. Batman Returns - The Elephant Man

5. Wayne's World 2- Jurassic World

6. Analyze This - The Godfather Part II

6. Analyze This - The Godfather Part II
7. The Final Cut - scene in The Conversation where Harry discovers a possible crime